Saturday 2 February 2013

Pink Poinsettias Merry Christmas Card - 52 {C}CT Feb Sketch Challenge

It's sketch time at 52 {C}CT this week and Danielle has designed this fab layout for us to work with.

After pondering the sketch for a few minutes I went rummaging through my stamps to find suitable sized images I could work with and I decided on the poinsettia stamp from the SU! Season of Joy set.  I stamped the flowers using Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals and Gumball Green inks and cut green petals out to act as leaves.  After fussy cutting and assembling the flowers and leaves I realised my 3 squares would not fit on an A6 size card in a diamond formation.  I wanted to keep to the diamond shapes so I made a larger 5" x 7" size card.  I much prefer landscape orientated cards to have the fold at the side 'cos the cards stand up much better than cards with tent folds.  An A4 piece of CS isn't big enough for that but I got round that issue by adhering two pieces of Pink Pirouette CS together to form the card base.  The join was visible on the back of the card but I glued a strip of patterned CS along the join and the recipient will be none the wiser!  Not the most economic way to make a card base but as I only resort to it now and again that's OK!

I joined the 3 squares together with 2 large rhinestone brads and popped the flowers and squares up.  I stamped the sentiment onto Whisper White CS and matted that onto a strip of patterned paper.  I felt the strip needed something on the right side as it was looking bare so I stamped and fussy cut two more poinsettias.  Some bling added to the flower centres finished off the card front.    


 

For inside I added patterned paper and a strip of Gumball Green CS to a white panel.  I stamped the wording stamp twice, once in Primrose Petals ink and again in Gumball Green ink.  I fussy cut 3 green elements and glued those over the top and layered onto a Raspberry Ripple mat.


I stamped the swirl from the Season of Joy set on the envelope flap and added a stamped and punched snowflake circle.


I hope you can join us at 52 {C}CT this week and make a card with this lovely layout, I'm looking forward to visiting you to see what you've made!  Don't forget to check out the cards the other DT members have made, there's sure to be lots to inspire you!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Season of Joy' & 'Greetings of the Season' sets
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! Snow Festival DSP
Ink:  SU! Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple & Gumball Green
Tools: SU! 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches, Perfect Layers, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: DoveCraft large rhinestone brads, SU! Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


 photo FlowerBoxRuth.gif

5 comments:

Louise van Vuren said...

This is one of my favourite SU sets! Love that you went all flowery, beautifully stamped and cut out, fabulous take on Danielle's sketch LOVE it!

Louise xx

Deborah Frings said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the pretty poinsettias. So nice to see the inside and envelope decorated too! I agree that a side fold is so much more stable.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous card.

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the pink!!!!!! This is just gorgeous, Ruth! Fabulous BLING, too!!! Isn't this a great sketch? I love it! :) HUGS and happy weekend!

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh wow Ruth this is so beautiful!! I absolutely love it - you made my sketch look especially fabulous. Hugs D

01 09 10