Thursday 7 February 2013

February 2013 Card Group Projects

Today was our card group get together for February - it came round so quickly, January seems to have flown by!

This first card was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest a long time ago.  I loved the idea of chopping a bit off the top and punching the half circle.  I started off by making a Pale Plum side opening A6 card and I cut off a strip measuring about 3/4".  I punched a half circle using a 1 3/4" circle punch and sponged Elegant Eggplant ink along the edge and round the half circle to add some definition.  I stamped the flourish to the inside of the card with Perfect Plum ink, stamped the butterfly on Pale Plum CS using Elegant Eggplant ink and fussy cut the butterfly out.  I glued the butterfly to the flourish just at the body so the wings can pop up a bit and I added a rhinestone.  I then adhered the patterned paper and Elegant Eggplant CS strips and stamped the elegant frame and sentiment to finish.


Here's a view of the card when it's standing open. 


Here's just the inside of the card.


Card 2 features two step stamping with the gorgeous rose from the SU! Stippled Blossoms set.  Some ladies do grumble at two step stamping but the end result is always worth it in my opinion!  The A6 card base was made with Regal Rose CS and I die cut 2 Fishtail Flags, one Rose Red and one in Whisper White CS for the sentiment.  I stamped the solid rose in Regal Rose ink stamped off once and stamped the outline rose in Rose Red ink.  For the leaves I used Old Olive ink - stamped off once for the solid leaves and full strength for the outline leaves.  I embossed a square of Whisper White CS with the Tim Holtz 'Bricked' folder and sponged Antique Linen Distress Ink over the square.  I layered onto an Old Olive mat and popped up the fussy cut leaves and rose.  To finish off the card front I added 3 punched Old Olive circles to the Rose Red Fishtail Flag.


Here's a close up of the rose panel.


Inside I kept the brickwork theme going by stamping a Brick Wall background stamp on a Whisper White panel in Antique Linen Distress Ink and I inked the edges with the Antique Linen ink too.  I added a stamped sentiment and two fussy cut small flowers.  


I kept card 3 fairly simple with just stamping, punching and piercing.  I inked the bird stamp from the SU! Four Seasons Hostess set in Lucky Limeade ink and punched the image out with the 2 3/8" circle punch.  I stamped again in Not Quite Navy ink and punched just the bird circle out with a 1" circle punch and popped that circle up.  I layered the image circle onto a punched 2 1/2" Not Quite Navy circle mat.  After gluing the circle to the card I used a template from the SU! Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack and pierced around the circle.  I decided I wanted a pierced sentiment element too so I inked the 'Just for You' with a Not Quite Navy marker and stamped onto Lucky Limeade CS.  I then cut out the oval with the scalloped oval punch and used the piercing template again to add the pierced detail.  The Four Seasons set has individual stamps that co-ordinate with the circle images.  I just couldn't resist adding the stamped and fussy cut butterfly!  I sneaked a stamped butterfly inside the card down in the right hand corner too but didn't take a photo!  



Supplies for Thinking of You card:
Stamps: SU! Creative Elements set, 'Thinking of You' from Hero Arts
CS: SU! Pale Plum & Elegant Eggplant

Patterned paper:  Echo Park Winter Wishes 'Icy Chevron'
Ink: SU! Perfect Plum & Elegant Eggplant
Tools: SU! 1 3/4" circle punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: jewel rhinestone


Supplies for it's your day card:
Stamps: SU! 'Stippled Blossoms' & 'Happiest Birthday Wishes' sets, Hero Arts 'Friends are Treasures' set, Penny Black 'Brick Wall' background stamp
CS: SU! Regal Rose, Rose Red, Old Olive & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Regal Rose, Rose Red & Old Olive, Antique Linen Distress Ink
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax dies, Tim Holtz 'Bricked' embossing folder, circle punch from SU! Itty Bitty Punch Pack, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: 3D foam pads


Supplies for just for you card:
Stamps: SU! 'Four Seasons' & 'Ovals All' sets
CS: PaperMania A6 cream card blank, SU! Not Quite Navy
Ink: SU! Lucky Limeade & Not Quite Navy
Tools: SU! 1", 2 3/8" scallop & 2 1/2" circle punches, SU! Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Stampin' Pierce Mat & Paper-Piercing Tool
Embellishments & accessories: 3D foam pads


 photo CatGingerRuth.gif

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Well, Ruth, I must say that the butterfly card is my favourite (of course!!). Beautiful technique and I love those rich colours! xx

sandie said...

Ruth, Ruth I missed this card and I as I have not been too with it at th he moment but I completely LOVE it, I just adore the fist card and am excite to give it a go!

01 09 10