Tuesday 18 December 2012

Holly Perch Christmas Cheer Card

This is the Christmas card I've made for Alan to give to Jan this year.  I've been eyeing up this 'Holly Perch' stamp set for a while and finally succumbed! I decided to go for paper piecing with some Stickles for festive sparkle.

The Chocolate Chip card base measures 5 3/4" square and I used Riding Hood Red CS and Echo Park Green Flourish paper for layering mats.  I inked the stamp with VersaMark and embossed the image with Early Espresso embossing powder.  I stamped and embossed a few times in order to get my coloured piecing bits and some extra holly sprigs.  I used Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip textured CS for the bird body and wing.  I used red paper for the bird's breast and the bauble and the same green paper I used for the mat layer for the holly leaves and the band on the bauble.  I die cut the image with a Petite Oval die, matted onto a larger Choc Chip textured CS oval and adhered that to the panel after adding the Choc Chip ribbon strip.  After cutting out the holly, bird and bauble I added red Stickles to the holly berries and gold Stickles to the bauble band.  Once the glitter glue had dried I popped them all up and added a ribbon bow.  I stamped the sentiment, die cut the banner shape and popped up the holly sprig.  Some chocolate brown pearls finished off the front.


For inside, I cut a vanilla panel, layered that onto a Riding Hood Red mat and stamped the sentiment.  I then popped up a couple of holly sprigs.


The 'Holly Perch' set comes with a vertical 'Happy Christmas' sentiment and I stamped that on the envelope, added some patterned paper, Riding Hood Red CS strips and popped up more fussy cut and glittered holly sprigs.  I was happy how this card turned out, I really hope Alan and Jan like it!


Supplies:
Stamps: Woodware 'Holly Perch' & 'Happiest of Christmases' clear sets, 'Christmas Cheer' from SU! 'Sweet Essentials' set
CS: SU! Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red & Very Vanilla, SU! Close to Cocoa & Chocolate Chip textured CS

Patterned paper:  Echo Park Style Essentials 'Green Flourish' & Bo Bunny ?? Double Dot
Ink: VersaMark & SU! Chocolate Chip
Tools: Petite Oval Nestabilities dies, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Early Espresso Stampin' Emboss powder, SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Gold & Xmas Red Stickles, chocolate brown pearls, 3D foam pads


Photobucket

4 comments:

Peanut said...

Oh sooo cute, Love them birdies!
Thanks for leaving such kind words for Rosie on my blog.

XxJULESxX said...

Gorgeous card Ruth love the image so sweet!

sandie said...

great paper piecing and I love how your blog background moves!

Michelle Short said...

Gorgeous card Ruth, I live that bird stamp xx

01 09 10