Saturday 17 November 2012

Three Wise Men Scripture Verse Card - 52 {C}CT Nov Theme Challenge

It's theme week at 52 {C}CT and we want to see a scripture verse on your Christmas cards this time.


I chose to use a digital silhouette image of the three wise men making their way to the stable.  The digi had text added but I cut out just the image portion.  I then typed and printed an appropriate verse from Matthew to go with the image.  I trimmed the image and verse panels to the same width and layered them both onto a black mat.  I added some sparkle with a popped up silver star and a scalloped border.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I've added a stamped sentiment and some more starry sparkle.


I hope you will join in our challenge this week, I look forward to seeing what you create!  Don't forget to check out what the other DT members have made to inspire you!


Supplies:
Stamps:  Penny Black Joy Hope, 3 Wise Men Silhouette digital image from StitchyBear Digital Stamps
CS:  PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Basic Black, Whisper White & Silver Glimmer paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools:  SU! Adorning Accents Edgelits die, Sizzix Stars Framelits die, Martha Stewart star border punch, Woodware star punch
Embellishments & accessories: 3D foam pad


Photobucket

6 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

This is fabulous Ruth! I love the simple monochrome colour scheme with the flash of glittery silver! Vicky x

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love your Kings and verse. So striking.

Danielle Vincent said...

So very gorgeous and elegant Ruth! Hugs D

Louise van Vuren said...

A very elegant card beautifully done. Love that monochromatic scheme and the matching envelope makes it very special!

Louise xx

Jacqueline said...

I chose that image too but yours is so much better = love all the sparkly stars and the scalloped border AND that you always decorate the inside of your cards - you put me to shame - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

Ruth, this is gorgeous! LOVE the pop of silver and the black and white is so elegant! Another stunning creation! :)

01 09 10