Friday 26 October 2012

Vase Of Dahlias Thank You Card

Oooh, I'm wincing as I type this.  I had an unpleasant hospital appointment this morning and I had some treatment which has resulted in me being stitched in a very delicate, sensitive area!  As if that's not enough I had to go to the dentist a couple of days ago as I have a dental abscess so I'm on antibiotics and strong painkillers.  All in all, I'm feeling very sorry for myself at the moment.   Time for a cuppa, a Downton Abbey catch up and some chocolate! 

This is a thank you card I put together using some new SU! In Colour goodies and the Embellished Events stamp set.  Summer Starfruit is conspicuous by its absence - what a strange colour, I'm not a fan!  I used Primrose Petals, Midnight Muse and Whisper White CS for the card and mat layers.  The card measures 4 1/4" square.  I stamped the leafy stem in Gumball Green ink and added three Dahlias - they are such sweet embellishments!  For the vase I punched a Midnight Muse ornament, cut off the bottom and used Dimensionals to give some shape - I used a single layer towards the outside and a double layer in the middle.  I think the ornament makes a fab contemporary looking vase!  The stamped sentiment was cut out with the Word Window punch and I added two jewels.  To finish off the card front I wrapped some Gumball Green ribbon around the card and tied a knot.


Here's the inside and envelope.  I used markers to ink the flower sprays and cut out the envelope element with circle punches.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Embellished Events set
CS: SU! Primrose Petals, Midnight Muse & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Gumball Green, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple & Midnight Muse
Tools: SU! Ornament, Word Window, 1 3/8" plain circle & 1 3/4" scallop circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! In Colour Dahlias, Gumball Green stitched satin ribbon, Jewel Rhinestones, Dimensionals


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10