Monday 22 October 2012

Roses Birthday Wishes Card For Gill

It was our good friend Gill's birthday yesterday and this is the card I made for her.  You just HAVE to make Gill a pretty, bright card - no sombre colours allowed!  I loved the 'Blooming Marvellous' stamp set when I saw it at Clearly Besotted.  I managed to resist it for all of a week before giving in to temptation!  I inked the stamps up the day I received them as I knew they were perfect for Gill's birthday card.

I made a 5 3/4" square card using textured white CS.  I cut a smaller square mat layer and lightly  inked the edges with Pretty in Pink ink.  I inked the leaves with Old Olive ink, stamped off once and then applied more Olive ink to the edges of the stamp with a sponge dauber.  For the roses, I inked first with Pretty in Pink and added Regal Rose with a dauber.  I stamped the large rose three times and cut some parts out and popped them up.  I stamped the sentiment and added the striped ribbon before popping up the mat layer.  Pretty twinkle was added in the form of pink Swarovski crystals.


I added a sentiment panel and a popped up rose inside the card.


Then I made an envelope with textured green CS and added a rosebuds name label to the front. 


I hope Gill enjoyed her birthday and liked her card as much as I enjoyed making it for her!

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted 'Blooming Marvellous' clear set, Woodware 'Double Birthdays' clear set, Hero Arts 'Special Birthday'
CS: Craftwork Cards 'Alabaster' Softies CS, SU! Whisper White, Bazzill Clover Leaf Dotted Swiss CS
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Pretty in Pink & Regal Rose
Tools: SU! Simply Scored & Diagonal Plate, SU! Apothecary Accents die, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Pretty in Pink striped grosgrain ribbon, pink Swarovski crystals, 3D foam tape


Photobucket

3 comments:

kelly said...

This is so feminine and delicate Ruth, I love the sponging on the flowers really brings them to life!
Kelly xx

Stephanie said...

My goodness Ruth, what an absolutely beautiful card & I love the decorated envelope! Thank you so much for purchasing this set & using it so wonderfully :) Hope you don't mind but I will be pinning this :) Stephanie x

XxJULESxX said...

Gorgeous card Ruth!!!

01 09 10