Friday 5 October 2012

Ornament Merry Christmas Gift Card Holder

This is a gift card holder I made for an SU! shoebox swap.  I'd seen one made with the Top Note die but I used a Labels Framelits die to make mine.  I die cut two Cherry Cobbler label shapes using the 2nd largest die in the set.  I cut a smaller Lucky Limeade label and embossed it with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder - I really wanted to use the Lacy Brocade folder but I still hadn't found it when I made this.  I ordered another one a few days ago and I got it yesterday - let's hope I don't lose that one!  The ornament was stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink, cut out with the matching ornament die and popped up over the embossed panel.  I stamped the Merry Christmas from the Owl Occasions set in Limeade ink and punched it out with the Modern Label punch.  I added rhinestone jewels to the ornament to finish off the front.


The gold Glimmer Brad hinges the two Cherry Cobbler shapes together.  I cut some Candlelight DSP paper and taped it just at the sides to make a pocket that a gift card can be slid into.  A quick and easy Christmas project!


UPDATED 11/10/12 TO ADD:
I just had to make a matching envelope for the gift card holder to slip into!  Jackie Topa has produced an excellent list of envelope sizes - including ones to fit the Labels Framelits dies.  Click here to view the list.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Keepsake Ornaments & Owl Occasions sets

CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper:  SU! Candlelight DSP
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler & Lucky Limeade
Tools: SU! Labels Collection Framelits dies, Holiday Ornaments die, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Modern Label punch, Simply Scored & Diagonal Plate, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax dies, paper piercing tool
Embellishments & accessories: SU! gold Glimmer Brad, Jewel Rhinestones, Dimensionals


Photobucket

2 comments:

Patty Gorka said...

Oh, this is really neat! I like how it opens. I hate when I lose something....I have a stamp I'm missing and it's driving me crazy. I've been looking for it for a week now.

Mynn xx said...

FABULOUS use of die cuts, Ruth!!! LOVE this idea! Totally giving gift cards this holiday...with these amazing cards! :)

01 09 10