Wednesday 31 October 2012

Graceful Flowers Birthday Wishes Card

I went to Joanne's on Saturday morning for a make and take session.  There were a few of us around the table and we all had a very happy time indeed - chatting, chuckling, cardmaking and cookies - what's not to love!?  Also there were a couple of cute babies to coo over!  Joanne had designed six cards and all the supplies were in baskets so as you finished a card the basket was passed on and you received a new one to work on.  Unsurprisingly, I only made five cards as I was far too busy gasbagging - as per usual!

This card was the first one I made and actually completed on the day.  The others are still awaiting final assembly!  I love this graceful flower spray image from the Hopeful Thoughts set and the tree in the set is lovely too.  I have had the set on my wish list for a long time but it always seems to get bumped down the list and I've not bought it yet.  I really feel it's time to add it to my collection!

The colours used for the card are Wild Wasabi, Perfect Plum, So Saffron and Whisper White - a very pretty combo.  I inked the spray with markers and stamped on the white panel.  I punched an ornament shape, inked and stamped the spray again and then cut off the ornament bottom to make a vase shape.  The vase was edged with Plum ink and the vase popped up.  The card front was finished off with a sentiment, a scalloped border and some Dazzling Details was put on the flowers for a touch of sparkle.


For the inside and envelope I stamped the beautiful flower spray again.


I have my monthly card group meeting tomorrow and after packing the stuff for that this evening I plan on finishing off the rest of the make and take cards.  Owen is working and I don't have choir practice tonight so after dinner I will put on my PJs, go to my craft room and get assembling! 

Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! Hopeful Thoughts & Bring on the Cake sets
CS: SU! Wild Wasabi, Perfect Plum, So Saffron & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Wild Wasabi & Perfect Plum
Tools: SU! Ornament & Scallop Edge Border punches, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dazzling Details glitter glue, Dimensionals


Photobucket

1 comment:

Patty Gorka said...

This is beautiful, awesome use for the ornament punch!

01 09 10