Monday 8 October 2012

Flourish & Butterfly Thank You Shoebox Swap Card

This is the very pretty card that Joanne designed for the shoebox swap.  I loved making this card and I got to try out products I don't have - yet!    I stamped the Gumball Green flourish on the Whisper White panel, added the Primrose Petals punched border, the Gumball Green ribbon and attached the white panel to an A6 Raspberry Ripple card base.  Two Apothecary Accents die cut shapes were used for the sentiment element and that was popped up.  I inked the butterfly in Primrose Petals ink and stamped off on scrap paper once before stamping onto Whisper White CS.  I cut out the butterfly, applied glue to the body but placed half a dimensional with the backing paper still on under each wing to keep them popped up.  Jewel rhinestones were added to the butterfly body to finish off the front.


A Whisper White panel was cut for the inside of the card and part of the pretty flourish stamped on opposite corners.  I was far too busy nattering and forgot to ask Joanne for an envelope.  You know I don't feel a card is complete without a matching envelope!  I love that delicate flourish and it would look fab on an envelope but I don't have the Creative Elements set so I can't stamp one at home.  Hopefully I can sneak in a stamped envelope for this card at the next shoebox swap at Joanne's!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Creative Elements & Curly Cute sets
CS: SU! Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Gumball Green & Whisper White
Ink: SU!
Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals & Gumball Green
Tools: SU! Apothecary Accents Framelits dies, Scallop Trim Border punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Jewel Rhinestones, Dimensionals


Photobucket

2 comments:

Pauline said...

This is lovely Ruth, the scroll is so elegant and the label shape is too!

Mynn xx said...

Oooo, this is gorgeous! LOVE the CAS feel of it--and those new dies are amazing! This is beautiful!!! :)

01 09 10