Tuesday 2 October 2012

Doily Envelope

When my friend Jan saw my new doily die she absolutely loved it and so I've die cut a few for her to use.  When I'd finished die cutting I wondered what to put them in - after all you can't just bung lovely, lacy doilies in a plastic bag can you?!  I decided on a pretty envelope and I had a sheet of beautiful vintage paper from Prima in my stash which was perfect.  The pretty envelope came together so quickly after whipping out my Simply Scored and Diagonal Plate.  Here's the back with the pile of doilies peeking out.


Here's the front with an Early Espresso doily topped with a rosette made from the reverse side of the patterned paper.  I placed a large copper brad in the centre to finish off.


Another photo of the back, all sealed up and ready to give.  I punched a circle of the paper, layered it onto another circle and added some glitter to the butterfly wings.  I put 2 way glue on the circle and let it dry to make it repositionable and then attached it to the envelope to close it.


Supplies:
CS: SU! Whisper White & Very Vanilla to die cut the doilies
Patterned paper  Prima 'La Spa' from Fairy Belle collection
Tools: SU! Simply Scored & Diagonal Plate, Cheery Lynn French Pastry doily die, Sizzix Paper Rosette Decorative Strip die, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: American Crafts copper brad, 2 way glue, SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10