Monday 15 October 2012

Blossom & Leaves Happy Birthday Dear You Card

I have a 'to be completed' box which has been filling up for a few months.  It got to the stage where the lid wasn't fitting on the box any more and my plan to make a 'bits from the box' card at least once a week wasn't happening.  So on Saturday I had a blitz and finished quite a few - at least the lid fits on the box now!

I started on this card a month or so ago.  I got as far as making the shaped, embossed background panel and stamping and punching the blossoms but then the bits got tossed in the box.  I had inked the blossom stamp with Pretty in Pink ink and then added some Regal Rose and Rose Red inks with sponge daubers.  On Saturday I stamped the sentiment, added some Old Olive dotted ribbon to the white panel and attached that to the front of an Old Olive A6 card base.  I die cut some Little Leaves and I popped the flower up.  I placed an Old Olive button in the centre of the blossom and added some jewels to finish off the card front.


For inside I stamped a white panel with a sentiment and a partial flower image.  I stamped another flower in Rose Red ink, cut it out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and matted onto a scalloped circle for the envelope flap.  


My blog will feature 'bits from the box' cards all this week.  Who knows, I may inspire someone out there to tackle their own box?!

Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! Mixed Blossoms & Happiest Birthday Wishes sets
CS: SU! Old Olive, Rose Red & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red & Old Olive
Tools: SU! Square Lattice embossing folder, Adorning Accents Edgelits die and matching embossing folder, Blossom punch, Little Leaves Sizzlits die, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 3/4" scalloped circle punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive scalloped dot ribbon, Old Olive button, Jewel Rhinestones, Dimensionals



Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10