Friday 28 September 2012

Stacked Butterfly Birthday Wishes Card

This is a "bits from the box" card I've made.  I started making it ages ago at a Make and Take evening, didn't finish it on the night and it's languished in my unfinished projects box ever since.   A little while ago I said I'd like to make a "bits from the box" card once a week - yeah, not doing too well on that, must try harder!

I used Shimmer White CS for the A6 card base and the pretty patterned papers are SU! Twitterpated DSP.  After gluing the paper strip at the side I added a Riding Hood Red die cut border and tied some Island Indigo twine around.  I die cut 3 butterflies from patterned papers, sponged the edges with Island Indigo ink, tied on some twine for antennae and added a teeny Baja Breeze button.  I've placed half Dimensionals under the wings to keep them popped up.  A sentiment and two teeny butterflies finished off the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope with more pretty butterflies.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Sincere Salutations set, Stampendous 'Sending Wishes'
CS: SU! Shimmer White, Riding Hood Red & Baja Breeze

Patterned paper:  Twitterpated DSP
Ink: ; SU! Island Indigo & Riding Hood Red
Tools: SU! Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, Adorning Accents scalloped border Edgelits die, Labels Framelits die, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Island Indigo Baker's Twine, Baja Breeze Twitterpated button, pearl jewels, Dimensionals


Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

This is lovely, hard to believe it's been half finished for so long, I think you should have a whole unfinished bits from your box week, I bet you'd make some amazing creations!!
Kelly xx

01 09 10