Saturday 15 September 2012

Butterfly Wishing You A Happy Birthday Card - Simply Stampin Challenge # 77

This week we have a colour combo challenge for you over at the Simply Stampin' blog


I hope you can take part in the challenge this week - if you don't have the exact colours please feel free to substitute similar shades.

I started off by making a square card just a tad over 5" square with Whisper White CS.  I embossed a square piece of Whisper White CS with the new Lacy Brocade embossing folder - oh my word, it's so gorgeous!   I stamped the sentiment on a piece of Blushing Bride patterned paper, attached it to the bottom of the panel and added a strip of Concord Crush ribbon.  I then die cut some butterflies using the Beautiful Butterflies die and the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die.  I attached my butterfly layers together with an SU! Build-A-Brad - these are retired now and weren't available in the UK but I obtained mine from eBay in the USA.  I would love SU! to bring them back, it's fab to be able to make a custom colour brad any time you want.  I punched a 1/2" circle of the striped paper, glued that to the brad and added the domed sticker over the top.  I popped up the embossed panel, attached my butterfly to the card and added some jewels to the wings.


Here's the inside and the envelope with more pretty die cut butterflies of course!


I hope you'll play along and link up your creations at the Simply Stampin' blog - or you can email them if you don't have a blog - I'd love to come and see what you do with these colours!

I'm off out this morning, a group of us are going to be making the spectacular ornament that's on the front of the SU! Autumn/Winter catalogue.  If you want to see how that turns out, pop back to Flower Sparkle soon as I'll post it to the blog!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Happiest Birthday Wishes set
CS: SU! Concord Crush, Poppy Parade, Blushing Bride & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  Blushing Bride DSP
Ink: SU! Concord Crush
Tools: SU! Beautiful Butterflies die, Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, 1/2" circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Build-A-Brad, jewel rhinestones, Dimensionals


Photobucket

2 comments:

Kirei said...

I love the pretty layered butterfly on the embossed background Ruth! Nice detail inside the card and on the envelope as always! Kirei x

Anonymous said...

Wow - I love the look of new Lacy Brocade embossing folder on your card. I will have to add that folder to my next order. The layering of your butterfuly looks fabulous too. Deb x

01 09 10