Tuesday 4 September 2012

Acetate Front Snowman Card

It was the Christmas Spectacular demo weekend at the Glitter Pot this past weekend and I went on Saturday to see the designer's demos and displays.  I've just ordered some new SU! goodies so I wasn't looking to buy very much at all.  However - a new snowman stamp set is always going to be hard for me to resist!   Jenny Mayes had some fabulous cards on display using a really sweet - and special - snowman set and it just had to come home with me.   

Here's my CASEd version of Jenny's card.  I cut part of the front off from a square white card blank, added patterned paper to the back inside of the card and added an acetate panel to the card front - I cut a separate strip of white CS and sandwiched the acetate between the card front and the CS strip.  I tore a strip of white CS, stamped the "Snowflakes are snowmen waiting to happen!" sentiment and glued the torn strip to the patterned paper inside the card.  I then added Stickles along the torn edge.  When the Stickles was dry, I added contrasting paper to the card front and some pleated ribbon.  I stamped the snowman on watercolour paper, coloured him with inks and a blender pen, cut him out and glued him to the acetate.  I punched a few white snowflakes and glued those to the acetate also.    


Here's the inside and you can see why I think this set is special - it has front and back snowman images - what a fab, fun idea and a great unexpected surprise for the card recipient!


Here's a close up of the back of  Frosty.  I used a clear Stardust pen to add twinkle to the snowflake he's holding behind his back.


I kept things very simple for the envelope - I just stamped a snowflake from the set and used circle punches to mat and layer.  I had such a goofy grin on my face while making this card!


Supplies:
Stamps: Butterfly Kisses 'Frosty' clear set
CS: PaperMania white 5 1/4" square card blank, SU! Riding Hood Red & Whisper White, acetate

Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Riding Hood Red, Basic Gray, Basic Black & Pool Party, blender pen, Sakura clear Stardust pen
Tools: X Cut snowflake punch, Woodware small snowflake punch, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Riding Hood Red pleated satin ribbon, Star Dust Stickles, rhinestone jewels


Photobucket

2 comments:

Autumn Mist said...

Great card, I saw Jenny M showcasing these on Create and Craft last year and thought it was such a clever idea to have the back and front like that, as seeing the plain back is awful, isn't it? Love this, though.

Louise van Vuren said...

Wow, Ruth.. this is just fantastic. I can see why you couldn't resist that little snowman!

Louise xx

01 09 10