Wednesday 22 August 2012

Medallion & Rosette Happy Birthday Card

I'm really late to the rosette party LOL!  I've always liked the look of rosettes but I wasn't sure how dimensional they end up being and I do like most of my cards to fit in envelopes.  Also, I wasn't too sure if I wanted to do all the scoring and folding to make one.  I know I could use my Simply Scored tool to make one but if I'm honest I wouldn't ever have got round to actually doing it.  You can be sure if there is a die that makes a process quicker and easier then I'm interested!  I got the Tim Holtz Paper Rosette Decorative Strip die for a great price from eBay and was anxious to try it out.   

So I made my first rosette using SU! patterned papers, a flower punch and a brad and wondered if it would fit in the centre of my much loved Medallion stamp - yes it did and it fitted perfectly - yay!  My birthday card for Amanda, my fellow team mate on the Simply Stampin' Design Team, came together fairly swiftly after that.  I've used Riding Hood Red, Pool Party and Very Vanilla for my combo.  I kept to a very simple layout - but couldn't resist adding embellies in the form of the domed red glittery dots.  I was drawn to these shiny, glittery goodies straight away when I saw them on the shop shelf, I couldn't decide whether to go for red or silver - you know what happened next - I got both!  I was pleased to find that the card fitted inside a standard envelope, the rosettes are not as chunky as I'd feared.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I used two of my most favourite SU! patterned papers ever.  They come from different DSP collections but they went together so well!  More faves - the Eyelet Border, Boho Blossoms and Decorative Label punches - got a look in as well.  I hope Amanda liked the card as much as I enjoyed making it! 


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Medallion, SU! Happiest Birthday Wishes & Four Frames sets, Hero Arts 'Fabulous Birthday'
CS: SU! Riding Hood Red, Pool Party & Very Vanilla

Patterned Paper:  SU! Spice Cake & Everyday Enchantment DSP
Ink: SU! Riding Hood Red & Pool Party
Tools: Sizzix Tim Holtz Paper Rosette Decorative Strip die, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die, SU! Eyelet Border, Boho Blossoms & Decorative Label punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Everyday Enchantment brad, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals, PaperMania red glitter dome stickers


Photobucket

2 comments:

Migdalia said...

Hi Ruth!This is one of my favorite cards!!Love the rosette in the middle!Fabulous!Perfect Color Combo!TFS
Migdalia

Patty Gorka said...

Your rosette turned out perfectly! I love making them, once I start I can't stop...LOL Fabulous card!

01 09 10