Friday 17 August 2012

Everyday Enchantment Hello & Happy Thoughts Card

I've been playing with the gorgeous Everyday Enchantment papers and the Elementary Elegance stamp set and I made this Hello card.  I used Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade and Peach Parfait as my colour combo and stamped with Early Espresso ink.  I LOVE that flowery paper, it's my favourite patterned paper from SU! for sure!


Inside - ta dah, surprise, a pop up flowerpot!


Kaitlyn, a sweet blog reader, recently emailed me a lovely message, bless her!  Kaitlyn wanted some info about the pop up cards I'd made and I replied saying that I would make a pop up card and take progress photos along the way for her.  After I'd finished the card I sent it to Kaitlyn so she has this card as a reference as well as the photos I'd emailed earlier.  Hopefully, she will be popping up to her heart's content now!

I always use the Sizzix Pop Ups die to make pop up cards - you definitely don't need a die, you can just cut and score strips of CS - but if there is a tool that makes something easier then you can be sure I'll choose to use a tool!

I punched the flowerpot and gave it a contrasting rim.  I used SU! flower punches for the flower and added a gorgeous brad to the centre.  Before attaching a pop up element I always make sure that it will fit inside when the card is closed - I'm not keen to make THAT mistake again LOL!  I cut a CS strip for a stem, added the leaves and glued the pot to the pop up.  I then added the patterned paper, punched strip, sentiment and the butterflies.

Here's the envelope, I couldn't resist using more of the pretty papers to make a matching envelope!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Elementary Elegance & Four Frames sets, inside sentiment from Hero Arts
CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Peach Parfait & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! Everyday Enchantment DSP
Ink: SU! Early Espresso
Tools: Sizzix Pop Ups die, Woodware flowerpot punch, SU! Curly Label, Decorative Label & Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punches, SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, SU! Little Leaves Sizzlits die, SU! Simply Scored & Diagonal Plate
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Everyday Enchantment brad, rhinestone jewels, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

2 comments:

Autumn Mist said...

This is fabulous, a pop-up card is definitely on my 'to-do list'. I am still so in love with this paper, but I must stop stroking it and start making some cards with it! Love what you've done here.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card. I was delighted when it dropped through the letterbox! Thank you again for your help and encouragement. I will email you with some pictures of the pop-ups that I have made. Best wishes, Kaitlyn :)

01 09 10