Saturday 18 August 2012

Blue & Green It's Your Day Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge #73

Simply Stampin' have this great sketch for you this week - very nice don't you think?  I hope you'll give it a go! 


I've inked up my sadly neglected Precious Butterflies set and used a combo of Island Indigo, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade and white.  Years ago I would NOT have put blues and greens together but I really like pairing them together nowadays - so interesting how your tastes change and develop! I started off with an Island Indigo A6 card base and added Pool Party striped paper.  I die cut and embossed the scalloped edge and added the Limeade dotted paper.  After stamping the leafy flourish I inked the butterfly circle with Island Indigo ink, stamped off once, added Indigo ink just around the edges with a sponge dauber, stamped it and punched it out with the 1 3/4" circle punch.  I punched a Pool Party Boho Blossoms flower, snipped between the petals, sponged the edges with Island Indigo ink and attached it to the centre of the circle with a Limeade brad.  I popped up the flower circle and the sentiment and added a couple of jewels to finish off the card front.  


I do love a matching patterned paper envelope - so I got out my trusty Simply Scored and Diagonal Plate and made the envelope.  I added die cut labels, 3 butterflies and more jewels.  Some patterned paper, a CS strip and some simple stamping and punching finished off the panel inside the card.


Please visit the Simply Stampin' blog and check out the other fab cards the Design Team girls have made to inspire you.  One of the DT girls has a birthday today - please pop along to Amanda's blog to wish her a happy day!  Then - go and get inky - happy stamping!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Precious Butterflies, It's Your Day & Happiest Birthday Wishes sets

CS: SU! Island Indigo, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade & Whisper White
Patterned paper:  SU! Pool Party, Lucky Limeade & Island Indigo In Color DSP
Ink: SU! Lucky Limeade & Island Indigo
Tools: SU! Adorning Accents Edgelits die & embossing folder, Labels Collection Framelits dies, Boho Blossoms, 1 3/4" circle, Extra-large Oval, Word Window & Modern Label punches, Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, Simply Scored & Diagonal Plate, paper piercer, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Limeade brad, rhinestone jewels,Dimensionals


Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I just love how you have made the butterfly flower. As usual, the inside of your card and envelope looks fabulous too! Deb x

Patty Gorka said...

I just saw your card on the simply stampin blog, I want to try and make some time to play along this week. Beautifully done!

Kirei said...

I am loving your colour combo Ruth! Stunning detail as always! Kirei x

01 09 10