Saturday 11 August 2012

Bird Birthday Wishes Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge #72

The Simply Stampin' challenge girls have set a challenge to make a card for the boys - we'd like to see your masculine cards this week.  I decided I wanted to use a layout with squares of patterned paper and when I went through my DSP it struck me that some of the Paisley Petals papers are fairly masculine so I chose to work with those along with the bird punch.  I've used Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, River Rock, Bravo Burgundy and Crumb Cake as my colour combo - quite an earthy colour scheme I think.  I popped the River Rock circle and the bird up.  To get the tiny circle for the eye I punched a piece of Crumb Cake CS with the Eyelet Border punch and used one of the dots.


I've used strips of the leafy patterned paper to decorate the inside of the card and the front of the envelope.  I also stamped and punched a bird label for the envelope as a place to write the recipient's name.


Aah, it feels good to have a masculine card to add to the stash!  Do please join us this week, I'd love to come and check out your masculine cards!  The other DT ladies will have great cards to inspire you so please check them out!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Sincere Salutations & Four Frames sets
CS: SU! Always Artichoke. Early Espresso, River Rock, Bravo Burgundy & Crumb Cake

Patterned paper:  SU! Paisley Petals DSP
Ink: SU! Early Espresso
Tools: SU! Bird Builder punch, Eyelet Border punch, 2 3/8" scallop circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, circles #2 die, Decorative Label punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


Photobucket

4 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is such a "tweet" card! Lovely paper choices too! Hugs, Lesley

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Ruth. Great use of the Paisley Petals papers to make a male card! Deb x

Pia S said...

I think this is such a fab design! Love the square panels you've made with different design papers, and the little birdie in the middle is so decorative!

Patty Gorka said...

Super cute, I especially love the layout on this card and now I think I need to get out my bird punch and play with it. You use that punch so well!

01 09 10