Monday 20 August 2012

A Handful Of Thank You Note Cards

I've had a clear out of my crafty stash recently.  I adopted a policy a while ago whereby if something new entered the craft room that meant something had to leave the craft room and I was able to stick to that quite happily.  However, I realised I was holding onto things because I loved/liked them but in a lot of cases these items weren't being used.  There were lots of "I'm sure I'll get round to using that some time" items.  Also there were some items I'd purchased thinking I'd love them but then after I'd actually used them I realised I wasn't that keen on them after all.  So I decided that a major clear out was called for.  I made myself be realistic and assess what I actually used and I was strict and if I wasn't actually using the item - out it went!  I feel so much better having whittled my stash down and knowing that what I have is stuff that will be and is used.  I know that I will always be adding new items and I really don't want to run out of room and get overwhelmed feeling I have too much stuff.  The result was a big box of miscellaneous stuff got donated to a charity shop and I also sold quite a few items on eBay.

I always like to include a hand made thank you note in each eBay package I send out.  This is one of the things I started doing a while back and now it doesn't feel right if I don't continue to do it!  I made a few different designs and made multiples of each one.

First up is a rainbow of butterflies 7" x 3" card made with  a Craft Tonic butterfly punch and my fave SU! thanks stamp.  I added Star Dust Stickles to each butterfly body.  I used Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, Concord Crush and Wisteria Wonder CS for the butterflies.


Next is a 4" x 4" stamped bird card using the SU! Always set, the thanks stamp and a fave colour combo of black white and lime green.  The flower circle is popped up.


Next is a 4" x 4" square flower card.  I stamped a Hero Arts background (Canvas Stripes) in Crumb Cake ink and sponged the edges.  The leaves were cut using a PTI leaf die and Wild Wasabi CS.  I used the SU! Mixed Bunch set and Blossom punch for the flower - stamping in Rose Red and Rich Razzleberry for the centre - and I popped the flower up.  That fave thanks stamp got in on the action again!


Next is a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" square card with a more masculine design.  I used Memory Box patterned paper and Poppystamps dies - and the thanks stamp again.  I glued the Lorelai Leaf branch flat to the card but applied glue to the stems only and then curled the leaves up a wee bit.  I added a gem for the eye and popped up the Serene Bird. 


Lastly is this 4" x 4" Pale Plum flower thanks so much card using a new purchase - the PTI In Bloom set.  I've always loved this set but I don't order directly from PTI  any more 'cos of the shipping and customs charges.  I was chuffed to get a used set from eBay recently and, even better, I had money in my PayPal account to pay for it after my crafty clear out!   I love the notepaper look when I see it on cards and I have the SU! Spiral punch to enable me to do it - but I just don't seem to get round to doing it!  I rectified that with this card design, I glued thin white notepaper to a piece of Whisper White CS, trimmed it to the size I wanted and then added the punched border.  I stamped the two flower stamps on Pale Plum CS, cut them out and sponged the edges with Perfect Plum ink.  I popped the smaller flower up on top of the larger one.  I stamped the leaf sprig on Certainly Celery CS, sponged the edges with Old Olive ink and glued the sprig to the notepaper and then I popped up the flower.  I gave my thanks stamp a rest and used the Thanks So Much from the Sincere Salutations set instead.


Lots of parcels were posted off today, that feels good!  I'm now going to spend some time in my craft room having fun using some of my goodies!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Michelle Short said...

That is agreat idea with your crafty stash Ruth! I reecently sold a lot of my stuff on eBay but that is good to do it as you go, one in one out! I love all your thank you cards, my fave is the last one though - what a gorgeous colour! Hope you are well xx

Betty Benton said...

Beautiful thank you cards -- loving all the fantastic colors!

Margaret said...

Wow! You have been quite busy both creating and organizing!
Your thank you cards are all wonderful! I keep going back to the first one with all of the lovely bright butterflies...think that might be my favorite!

Patty Gorka said...

All these cards are wonderful! You've given me some much needed inspiration! You make beautiful cards!

01 09 10