Tuesday 3 July 2012

Spring Blossoms Happy Birthday Card

It's no secret I find flower images very hard to resist and I thought the Kanban Spring Blooms set was absolutely gorgeous - and the price of just a tad over a fiver for the set made the purchase inevitable!  When I sat down to make this card I was in the mood for black and white with a pop of another colour and I chose zesty Lucky Limeade.  I had no plan for this card, I just pottered and played and it evolved as it went along.  Now, in my experience, that isn't always a recipe for success!  In this case though, I 'm quite happy how this turned out, quite an elegant little number I think!

The card measures 5 3/4" square.  I stamped the flowery corner images direct to the white panel with black ink and stamped flowers separately with Limeade ink, cut the Limeade flowers out and popped them up.  I used stamps and punches for my sentiment centrepiece - I've popped up the 'birthday' circle and the Limeade scalloped circle.  I added punched black dots around the scalloped circle and punched photo corners and flowers for two opposite corners.


I added a stamped sentiment and a couple of flower sprigs to a white panel for inside the card.  I stamped a black flower corner on the envelope flap and added a cut out Limeade stamped flower which I glued over the top.  What a very satisfying playtime in my craft room, most enjoyable!   What I'm NOT finding enjoyable is this chilly, damp weather, I so want to feel some warm sunshine!  I'm going to a charity event on Saturday morning, I'll be selling cards at a table top sale which is being held outside in a garden - I hope it stays dry at least, please keep your fingers crossed for me! 


Supplies:
Stamps: Kanban Spring Blooms clear set, Lovely Day from Penny Black
CS: SU! Lucky Limeade, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Lucky Limeade
Tools: SU! plain & scalloped circle punches, Photo Corners punch, flower punch from Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Perfect Layers, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: 3d foam pads



Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this card beautiful colours and fab design, Jo xxx

Ardyth said...

Love your blooms in black- and the pops of green!

Migdalia said...

Very beautiful!!!My favorite color is any Green!!!Good Luck to you at the charity event!!!

Millie

Pat (mspfd) said...

Talk about spectacular! Stunning combination of images and colors. Beautiful design, too!

Mynn xx said...

Such a gorgeous card! LOVE the corners that frame the sentiment! So sorry your weather is awful--I hope that you get some sunshine and the rain is sent here!!!

01 09 10