Saturday 28 July 2012

Daisies Happiest Wishes card - Simply Stampin Challenge #70

We have this wonderful sketch to tempt you with at the Simply Stampin' challenge blog this week.  I hope you'll enjoy working with it as much as I did and that you'll share your creations with us!  Please check out the inspiration on offer from the other DT members - oh, and yours truly is the featured DT member today!



After last week's soft vintage card I've gone for a cleaner, bold, colourful look this time - not a sponge dauber in sight!  I wanted to try a new colour combo rather than using a tried and tested fave.  I've made my own swatch of SU! CS colours and I got it out and just played about, putting various colours together to see what took my fancy.  I ended up with Certainly Celery, Melon Mambo, Night of Navy with Whisper White as my neutral.

I've rotated the sketch for my card and the card measures 5 1/4" square.  My circle measures 4 3/8" and I stamped the flourish from Baroque Motifs a few times on it as a background.  I used the scalloped Edgelits die for my scalloped border and I added Night of Navy ribbon tied in a knot before gluing the white circle in place.  I then die cut the daisies and punched the smaller flowers out using the Boho Blossoms punch.  I shaped the flowers and added rhinestone jewels to the centres.  I inked just the 'Happiest Wishes' words on the stamp with the Night of Navy marker and stamped onto white CS.  I used the 1 3/8" circle punch to cut out the white circle, matted onto a Melon Mambo scalloped circle and popped it up.


I cut a square white panel for inside the card, stamped the flourish and added a scalloped border.  I inked the 'on your Birthday' words with a Melon Mambo marker and used plain and scalloped oval punches to mat and layer the sentiment.  I stamped the flourish a few times on the envelope flap to finish.


Now, I know the Olympic games have started which is very exciting - but that's no excuse not to get inky!  I really hope you can play along with us this week, I'd love to come and see what you make!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Baroque Motifs & Happiest Birthday Wishes sets
CS: SU! Certainly Celery, Melon Mambo, Night of Navy & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Certainly Celery, Melon Mambo & Night of Navy
Tools: SU! Adorning Accents Edgelits die, Blossom Party die, Boho Blossoms punch, plain & scalloped circle punches, Stamp-a-ma-jig, circle cutter
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals



Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10