Saturday 9 June 2012

Royally Regal Best Wishes Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge # 63

Over at the Simply Stampin' blog this week we have a 'Royally Regal' theme challenge for you.  I have to say I loved all the Jubilee celebrations, it made me feel so glad to be British!  Actually, thinking about it, I can't truthfully say I loved ALL the Jubilee celebrations - I could have quite done without Grace Jones and her hula hoop at the concert!  Anyway, for my card I opted for a simple colour combo of Regal Rose and Very Vanilla and tried to produce a classy and elegant card design.  The card measures 5 1/4" square.  I stamped the Medallion, added a Regal Rose circle and then a popped up vanilla scalloped circle.  I stamped and cut out three flowers from the Everything Eleanor set and popped those up.  I stamped the 'Best Wishes' and added a punched border.  The Queen is very rarely seen without pearls so I had to add some pearl gems to make my card truly regal!  I then added some subtle glamour by spritzing the entire card front with Champagne Mist shimmer paint spray.


Here's the inside of the card and envelope. The flower inside the card is popped up.  I inked the plaque but stamped off once first before stamping it on the envelope.  I popped one flower up.  I'm quite happy how this card turned out, the combo is summery and made me think of eating strawberries and cream.  How lovely to wear a pretty pink and cream floral frock and enjoy a tea party with the Queen in the grounds of Buckingham Palace - well, I can dream LOL!


I do hope you will join in with this week's challenge, one so wants to come and see your delightful royally regal offerings!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Medallion, SU! Everything Eleanor & Sincere Salutations sets
CS: SU! Regal Rose & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Regal Rose
Tools:SU! Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border & 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punches, Circles #2 die

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint made into an alcohol spritz spray mist, pearl jewels, Dimensionals


Photobucket

2 comments:

Mynn xx said...

LOVE this!!! The flowers in the middle of the medallion?! GENIUS!!! Totally need to get mine out to play... ;D

Kirei said...

Fab take on the Regal challenge Ruth! Nice detail with the 'royal' pearls! Kirei x

01 09 10