Thursday 28 June 2012

Moonlit Teasels & Grass With Best Wishes Card

Nature silhouette stamps are a definite favourite of mine, I find them hard to resist and I recently succumbed to a new one which I received in the post this week.   This lovely teasels stamp is designed and made by Jacqueline (deezinesart) who runs the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown challenge blog along with Mynnette.  I saw that Jacqueline had used her teasels stamp with the grass stamp from the SU! Inspired by Nature set to make a lovely card.  I already had the SU! set and was very happy to add the teasels to my collection! 

I made a punched circle mask for the moon, sponged with various colours of Distress Inks and stamped the teasels and grass. I sponged the edges of the panel with Chipped Sapphire ink and added a lovely pearly shimmer by spritzing Perfect Pearls mist over the panel.  I layered onto a black mat, stamped the sentiment and added the Marina Mist ribbon with a piece of Elegant Eggplant ribbon tucked into the knot and glued the panel to the card front.  To finish the front I added gems to the sentiment and ribbon knot.


Some simple stamping inside and on the envelope flap finished off the whole card.


I can't tell you how pleased I was after I finished this card 'cos I had major trials and tribulations earlier in the week trying to make a masked, sponged one layer silhouette card.  I was using the SU! Pocket Silhouettes set and no matter what I did something went wrong.  First I wasn't happy with my sponging then it was my stamping that went wrong and then when I got those right I got inky smudges on my pristine white card front - twice - grrrr!  So after several attempts I gave it up as a bad job!  I think this card came together so well for me as I didn't try the one layer this time and the silhouette images are larger and need fewer stampings so there's less potential for error!  I was chuffed to bits that this turned out well first time, phew!

Supplies:
Stamps: deezinesart Teasels, SU! Inspired by Nature set, Hobby Art Sentiments clear set
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Whisper White & Basic Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire & Dusty Concord Distress Ink
Tools: SU! 1" circle punch, Perfect Layers, sponge applicators, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Marina Mist & Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbons, Perfect Pearls 'Perfect Pearl' mist, SU! Rhinestone Jewels



Photobucket

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Hi Ruth - I'm so happy you like your new stamp - you've made it look amazing - thank you! - Jacqueline xx

Vicky Hayes said...

This is wonderful Ruth and showcases Jacqueline's teasel stamp so beautifully! Vicky x

Mynn xx said...

This is just absolutely STUNNING! I really need to purchase some of Jacqueline's stamps! As soon as I'm back to work and can afford the shipping!!! ;) LOVE this!

01 09 10