Saturday 23 June 2012

Leafy Birthday Wishes Kickstand Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge #65

This week's challenge at the Simply Stampin' blog is to use this lovely colour combo.  I hope you can play along with us - don't forget you don't need the exact SU! colours, you can substitute similar colours if need be!  I thought this combo would be fab to use with my French Foliage set which I've been itching to get inky with after recently seeing some lovely cards made with the set!  It's been a while since I made a kickstand card and that's where my fancy took me with this card.


I cut a piece of Crumb Cake CS to the size of an A6 card, cut a strip the length of an A4 piece and 1 5/8" wide which I scored at halfway to make my kickstand piece.  I layered Limeade patterned paper and Bashful Blue CS onto the Crumb Cake panel.  Before gluing the kickstand to the back of the card I added a white scalloped Edgelit die cut border.  I stamped the Whisper White panel using Crumb Cake and Lucky Limeade inks and sponged Crumb Cake ink around the edges.  For the leaves I inked the stamps with Crumb Cake ink first and then added Limeade ink with a sponge dauber.  I then stamped five leaves separately, cut them out, glued them together in a cluster and popped it up.  I extended the width of the Word Window punched shape to fit on the Birthday Wishes sentiment - please see this post if you'd like an explanation of how to do that.  I also popped the sentiment up.  I used my Crop-a-Dile to punch 1/8" dots of Crumb Cake and Limeade CS and I added those to the scalloped strip.  To finish off the front, I added three flower shaped buttons to the leaf cluster after threading linen thread through the buttonholes.



I stamped a message panel for inside the card and stamped the right side of the front of the envelope. 


 This is such a lovely combo I'm sure you'll enjoy working with it and I'm looking forward to seeing your fab creations!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! French Foliage & Happiest Birthday Wishes sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade, Bashful Blue & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Lucky Limeade paper from In Color DSP stack
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake & Lucky Limeade
Tools: Scalloped Edgelit Adorning Accents die, Word Window punch, Crop-A-Dile, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! flower shaped buttons from Brights pack,  Linen Thread, Dimensionals



Photobucket

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

It's a gorgeous colour combo Ruth used to perfection in this card - love the kick stand style too - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

Oh my word, what an amazing card! LOVE this fold--can't wait to try it out and LOVE your gorgeous coloring and stamping--amazing, Ruth!!! :)

Margaret said...

Great fold and a gorgeous card! Love what you did with the colors!

Kirei said...

Love the fancy fold card Ruth! The layered stamping looks great, and I like all of the fab extra details that you have added! I have just got this stamp set and seeing your card I am very glad that I did! Kirei x

Amanda Burditt said...

Lovely Ruth! Like all the leaves and those buttons are a nice embellishment. xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Ruth. I love your stamping and laying on this card! Deb x

01 09 10