Thursday 24 May 2012

Nativity Peace Love & Joy Card - 52 CCT Theme Challenge #5

This week's challenge at the 52 CCT blog is a Nativity theme.


I have nothing nativity related in my crafty stash but rather than not take part in the challenge this week I opted to go digital.  A web search resulted in me finding this 'Away in a Manger' collection at Raggedy Scrappin.  The artwork is so cute and the images are already coloured.  All I had to do was re-size the images, print, trim and punch.  Mind you, it took me ages faffing about on the computer, I definitely find stamping easier and quicker than working with digital downloads!

I really like the colours used in the collection, they're earthy and rustic which gives a warm and cosy feel I think.  I started off with a Crumb Cake card base and I've added More Mustard and Bravo Burgundy as accent colours.  I stamped the Peace Love & Joy sentiment in a dark brown ink and added yellow Stickles glitter to the star which is part of the digital image.


I stamped a sentiment on a white panel for inside the card and added a printed punched circle element.  I chose the lovely sheep image for the envelope flap - it's so sweet, it really appealed to me!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Very Merry Christmas clear set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, More Mustard & Bravo Burgundy, Craftwork Cards Digital white CS
Ink: Adirondack Espresso
Tools: Circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: Raggedy Scrappin 'Away in a Manger' collection digital download, yellow Stickles 



Photobucket

6 comments:

Migdalia said...

What a Lovely card!I love it!What product did you use to color in the image?
Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Mynn xx said...

Soooooo glad you joined us! Your digital image is adorable and I LOVE the rich colors you used!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT!! :)

Louise van Vuren said...

I am so impressed with your card, with it's motif inside and the matching envelope..such attention to detail. Love your cards on the SS DT too :)
Louise

Margaret said...

Such a sweet card and the envelope is so cute too! You did a wonderful job with the digital image!

kelly said...

You're so clever I would never have ever thought of digi stamps! Mind you can only use SU! On my blog anyway.
Looking forward to this weeks embossing challenge!
Kelly xx

chrissy xx said...

Just Gorgeous...LOve it.
Your envelope? ....WoW.....
Chrissyxx

01 09 10