Tuesday 8 May 2012

Hearts Thank You Card Plus A Bottle Topper Tag

This is the card I gave to our lovely friends Gill and Brett to say thank you for my birthday gifts.  They gave me a gift on my birthday and told me that an extra gift would be coming my way later on.  Brett has just got a new laptop and he very kindly passed his old one on to me!  I'm SO chuffed to have it - CASEing cards will be so much easier now I don't have to keep running downstairs to look at photos on the desktop PC!  I can do my blogging while at my desk, blog surf, look at eBay, Splitcoast Stampers, Pinterest and shop online as well - I'm so happy!  Owen is happy too - he gets to spend more time on the PC now I'm not hogging it LOL!

Heartfelt thanks were definitely in order so I used a hearts theme for their card.  I cut a square panel of SU! Shimmer White CS and stamped the dotty border and sentiment.  I punched several hearts from red Glimmer Paper and I punched one heart out at the bottom of the Shimmer White panel and glued a piece of red Glimmer Paper to the black panel.  I then popped up the Shimmer White square over the black square and glued it to the Real Red card base.  I popped 2 of the hearts up and added some rhinestone jewels to finish off the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I just HAD to use the 'thanks from the bottom of my heart' stamp for inside the card! 


I knew Brett had to spend quite a bit of time getting the laptop ready for me.  Also, when he first brought it over to me there were wireless connection problems so he had to take the laptop away again and do more tinkering.  As a thank you gift to him for all his efforts I gave him a bottle of vodka as that's his tipple of choice.  I decided to make a bottle topper tag as I've not made one before.  I used a Rounded Tag Framelits die to get an arched shape at the top - I first cut my CS to the width of the tag and threaded the CS strip through the die and ran it part way through my Big Shot so that only the top part was cut.  That way I could get a longer tag.  After scoring a line I used circle Nesties to make the hole to slip over the bottle neck and I added a Brushed Silver CS frame around the hole.  I added a Brushed Silver panel to the Real Red tag, embossed the bottom portion with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and added some Real Red ribbon.  I stamped the sentiment and flourish and used Nesties to cut the white and red circles out.  I'm quite pleased how this turned out seeing as it's my first attempt!


Supplies for card:
Stamps: SU! Borderlines, Thank You Kindly & Four Frames sets, Hero Arts Hugs 'n Hearts clear set
CS: SU! Real Red, Basic Black & Shimmer White
Patterned paper: SU! red Glimmer Paper
Ink: SU! Real Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! Full Heart punch, Woodware heart punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Real Red grosgrain ribbon, rhinestone jewels, 3d foam pads


Supplies for bottle topper tag:
Stamps: sentiment from SU! Yummy set, flourish from Frames with a Flourish set
CS: SU! Real Red, Brushed Silver & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Real Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Sizzix Rounded Tags Framelits die, circle Nestabilities dies, SU! Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Real Red grosgrain ribbon



Photobucket

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card with all of the glitter and shimmer! Your bottle tag is gorgeous! Such a wonderful way to say thank you to a friend!

01 09 10