Friday 20 April 2012

Mistletoe Merry Christmas Card - 52 CCT Colour Challenge #4

This week at the 52 CCT challenge blog the challenge was this lovely colour combo.


I thought my Sizzix 'Stripes and Frame' stamp and emboss set would be a good choice for this challenge.  I stamped with Old Olive onto SU! Shimmery White CS and then embossed with the folder.  This 'Merry Christmas' sentiment is one of my favourites - I love the retro font - and I love how it looks inside the frame.  I added a strip of Old Olive ribbon that I knotted.  I then dug out a real oldie but goodie from my Christmas stash - the Sizzix Mistletoe Sizzlits die that I've had for years but have neglected.  I die cut a couple of sprigs from Old Olive CS, snipped here and there and added them to the card with pearls as the berries.  I added some olive crystals to the frame for a touch of bling.  This card was a joint effort - my good friend Debs was at my house yesterday and she was the one who suggested the knot in the ribbon and she fiddled and faffed to get the mistletoe sprig placement - thanks Debs!


I added a panel inside the card cut from the luscious Shimmery White CS.  I used the lovely SU! Mistletoe wheel stamp for inside the card and the envelope.  The sentiment is from a Hero Arts Christmas set - but actually this one would be fabulous for birthday cards too, I'll have to remember that! 


Another Christmas card added to the box - huge thanks to Jacqueline and Mynnette at the 52 CCT blog for keeping me motivated and inspired to keep on with making my Christmas cards throughout the year!  I am really enjoying making Christmas cards this way and it's so satisfying seeing my box fill up!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts stamp from Sizzix Stripes & Frame stamp & emboss set, 'Merry Christmas' from SU! Four the Holidays set, SU! Mistletoe wheel, Hero Arts 'Very Merry Christmas'  clear set
CS: SU! Old Olive & Shimmery White
Ink: SU! Old Olive
Tools: Embossing folder from Sizzix Stripes & Frame stamp & emboss set, Sizzix Mistletoe Sizzlits die, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, pearls, olive crystals



Photobucket

6 comments:

Vicki Fraser said...

very pretty :)

Jacqueline said...

So glad you are enjoying our challenges Ruth - thanks for adding your beautiful creation this week - your mistletoe sprigs are just gorgeous and it's lovely to have you playing along each week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

Karen Petitt said...

Love this card, love everything about it! hugs Karen x

Mynn xx said...

Hi, Ruth! Another stunning creation...LOVE the pearls as mistletoe berries!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Ruth ....what a lovely card.I will have to try and make one myself using only two colours.
Debbie x

Margaret said...

Beautiful green and white card!! Love the pearls as the mistletoe berries!

01 09 10