Tuesday 3 April 2012

Banners & Butterfly Birthday Card

I came across this striking card a while ago, really loved it and wanted to make my own version.  I've changed the orientation, used coloured CS for the card base and my banners don't extend off the card.  I really do love the look of those banners but I just can't bring myself to make cards that don't fit inside envelopes!

My colour combo is Riding Hood Red, Soft Suede, Pool Party and Very Vanilla and I've used the gorgeous Everyday Enchantment papers.  After embossing the Very Vanilla panel with the Vintage Wallpaper folder I lightly brayered Soft Suede ink over the top.  I sponged most edges with Soft Suede  ink.  I layered 2 die cut butterflies and edged those with Pool Party ink.  I added Dazzling Details glitter glue to the embossed swirls on the butterfly and used a lovely Everyday Enchantment brad - contraband items from eBay USA!


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I adore that floral flourish stamp in the Fresh Vintage set - it's completely gorgeous!  My card ended up looking quite distressed and grungy while Catherine's card looks really crisp and fresh.  I may well have to make another of this design and try for the crisp and fresh look!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Fresh Vintage & Happiest Birthday Wishes sets, Penny Black Lovely Day
CS: SU! Riding Hood Red, Soft Suede, Pool Party & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Everyday Enchantment DSP
Ink: SU! Pool Party, Soft Suede & Riding Hood Red
Tools: SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, SU! Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Labels Four Nestabilities dies, brayer, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dazzling Details glitter glue, SU! Everyday Enchantment brad, SU! Dimensionals

Photobucket

2 comments:

Michelle Short said...

This is gorgeous Ruth, I love butterflies at the moment and banners too! I love the colour combo as well xx

Margaret said...

Love your distressed and grungy card! The banners are fabulous and the butterfly really stands out so nicely!

01 09 10