Thursday 22 March 2012

Reindeer Merry Christmas Easel Card - 52 CCT Theme Challenge #3

This week at the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown blog they've set us a Christmas animal theme challenge.  This gave me the perfect opportunity to ink up a neglected reindeer stamp.  This reindeer names stamp is quite quirky and whimsical, it's from an Inkadinkado clear set called 'Holiday Sentiments'.  I'm not convinced Rudolph should really be included alongside Prancer, Dancer, Blitzen etc. as he isn't one of St. Nick's reindeer in Clement C. Moore's 'The Night Before Christmas' poem - but it's a lovely image so I'll live with my quibble!  I opted to make an easel card and used SU! Crumb Cake, Real Red, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla as my colour combo.

One of my favourite crafty purchases has been the Hero Arts 'Sending You Love' clear stamp set and matching Tag Frame dies.  I'm so chuffed when I find a sentiment that fits in the blank frame stamp and I was delighted that this gorgeous retro 'Merry Christmas' fitted perfectly!  I glued a vanilla die cut Charlotte border to the red strip and I added red jewels.  I used some Choc Chip snowflake design paper for the base of my easel card.  There was lots of space around the image and I wasn't happy to just leave it as it was so I've added some buttons.  I cut CS strips to thread through the buttonholes before attaching the buttons to the panel with glue dots.


I've glued a vanilla panel to the bottom of the card and added some snowflakes and a sentiment.  The same snowflakes wheel stamp was used on the front of the envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado 'Holiday Sentiments' clear set, Hero Arts 'Sending You Love' clear set, SU! 'Four the Holidays' set, Stampendous 'Christmas Wishes' clear set, Rollagraph Snowflakes wheel
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Real Red, Chocolate Chip & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Merry Moments DSP
Ink: VersaMagic Jumbo Java chalk ink, SU! Real Red
Tools: Hero Arts Small Tag Frame Frame Cuts die, Memory Box Charlotte Border die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Brights Designer Buttons, misc neutral buttons from stash, red rhinestone jewels, 3d foam tape, glue dots



Photobucket

5 comments:

kelly said...

oh ruth this cards looks so posh!!! very elegant and stylish!
I'm so jealous, kelly xx

Jacqueline said...

A stunning card Ruth - great idea to make an easel card as your reindeer fits perfectly - thanks for joining in again at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

W-O-W. This totally took my breath away when I saw it! RUTH--this is fantastic!!! LOVE the splash of red with all those neutrals! :) Thanks for joining us again at 52CCT! :)

Migdalia said...

ONG!It's Beautiful!!!

Karen Petitt said...

fabulous and oh so gorgeous hugs Karen

01 09 10