Wednesday 7 March 2012

Pearly Flamboyant Floral Best Wishes Card

If you asked me what my favourite stamp images are I would have to say flowers.  I also love flowery papers, dies and punches - well, any card making product or embellishment that is flowery really LOL!  A close second would be butterflies.  Hmmmm, or would it be flourishes?  Anyway, I find it hard to resist beautiful flower stamps and I fell - fell very hard - when I saw the Penny Black 'Flamboyant' stamp.  Oh my word, gorgeous!  I was on a quick trip to the Glitter Pot, all I needed was to pick up a brick embossing folder to send to someone in the USA.  As the shop is a quick walk from where I hold my card group I left the ladies for a few minutes while I went to get the folder.  I should wear blinkers, I really should!   I just happened to walk past the 'new in' display and before I knew it that stamp was in my hands!  The ladies at card group think the stamp is gorgeous as well - I may let them play with it next month!

My first inking of it didn't go well I have to say.  I decided to ink it with different coloured markers but after I'd stamped it I really didn't like it - I'd not chosen the colours wisely! I cleaned the stamp and was so impatient to get stamping again I really couldn't face the tedious job of markers again.  This time I opted for a quicker and easier way to apply colour.  I inked the whole image with Tumbled Glass ink and then added Broken China and Peeled Paint inks with sponge daubers.  I then spritzed the stamp with Perfect Pearls mist and stamped onto watercolour paper.  Ah, much better!  I then stamped my Linen background stamp over it in Antique Linen ink and then distressed and inked the edges.  I popped some pearls on the corners, stamped a sentiment on my Old Olive card and attached the panel at a jaunty angle.


Here's a close up photo showing the linen over stamping and pearly shimmer.


For the inside and the envelope I simply stamped the image in Peeled Paint ink.  I stamped the Linen background and sponged the edges of the Very Vanilla panel as well.


I really like the image just stamped in one colour - I have a hankering to try it in black next.

Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Flamboyant', Best Wishes from Hero Arts Luscious Frames clear set, SU! Linen bg stamp
CS: SU! Old Olive & Very Vanilla, watercolour paper
Ink: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Peeled Paint & Antique Linen Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Adirondack Espresso
Tools: Tim Holtz edge distressing tool, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: Perfect Pearls 'Perfect Pearl' mist, blue pearls



Photobucket

2 comments:

*~řäđĥïķã~* said...

absolutely love what u did Ruth. The card looks fab !!

Margaret said...

Gorgeous! Not sure what the first attempt looked like, but I'd say you nailed it on this one! Beautiful coloring and the pearls frame it perfectly!

01 09 10