Saturday 10 March 2012

Butterflies Just For You Easel Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge #50

It's a colour combo challenge at Simply Stampin' this week - and a very nice one it is too!



I've broken out some new goodies, the Precious Butterflies set and the Everyday Enchantment papers. These papers are absolutely gorgeous!  I love the Precious Butterflies stamp set too, it is just so sweet!

I decided to make an easel card as they are a good way to show off patterned papers.  I made the card from Crumb Cake CS and it measures 5 1/4" (13.5 cms) square.  I stamped the leafy flourish in Crumb Cake ink and the flower head made from butterflies in Baja Breeze ink.  I've added some Dazzling Diamonds for a touch of sparkle.  I sponged the edges of the Very Vanilla panel with Crumb Cake ink.  I stamped 3 small Poppy Parade butterflies, cut them out, glued them to the panel just in the centres so I could fold the wings up and I drew in antennae with a Crumb Cake marker. I attached a strip of Baja Breeze CS and tied some Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon around the card in a knot.  I love how the 'Just for you' sentiment looks stamped with the circle of butterflies - I've popped the circle up to act as the 'stop' for my easel.



Here's a close up of the butterflies flower head so you can see the sparkle.


I attached a Very Vanilla panel to the bottom of the card where I stamped the flourish, a sentiment and 3 small butterflies.  For the envelope, I stamped the butterfly circle in Baja Breeze and added a small Poppy Parade one in the centre. 


This is such a nice combo, I really hope you can play along this week - don't forget, if you don't have the exact colours, do feel free to substitute!  I'm looking forward to popping along to your blogs to see what you've created!  Also, check out the sticky post at the top of the Simply Stampin' challenge blog page - you'll see there is a call for applications to join the design team!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Precious Butterflies & Happiest Birthday Wishes sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Everyday Enchantment DSP
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze & Poppy Parade
Tools: SU! 1 3/4" circle punch, SU! Circles #2 die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon, SU! Dazzling Diamonds, SU! Dimensionals



Photobucket

4 comments:

kelly said...

This is my favourite of all the cards this week, when I saw the colours I didn't even think of a ladies card, so I was surprised to see that so many of the DT had gone with one! Another stamp set that I NEED!!!
Kelly xx

Margaret said...

This is beautiful! I love the bright pop of the poppy butterflies!

Kirei said...

I love this card Ruth! You used the colours so nicely with this stamp set... it is definitely on my wish list now! Kirei x

Aileen said...

Very pretty easel card. The papers and colours look fab. x

01 09 10