Wednesday 28 March 2012

Bird & Snowflakes Merry Christmas Card

It's been so lovely and warm here today that hubby and me ate our lunch outside in the spring sunshine before he headed off to work.  It seemed quite odd to be making a Christmas card when it's so sunny and warm and in the same week that I'm making Easter cards!

The challenge this week at the 52CCT blog is to use patterned paper.  I've used some old Basic Grey Figgy Pudding papers I've had in my stash for years.  I had the two pieces of diagonally cut paper already, they are pieces left over from a card I made way back in January 2010 - I knew I'd use them one day LOL!  I made an Always Artichoke 5 3/4" square card base.  For my main image I've used a stamp from the Inkadinkado Winter Birds set which I stamped on patterned paper using Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  I stamped the 'Merry Christmas' in Always Artichoke ink.  I've layered the panel onto red Figgy Pudding paper and I've added vintage brads.  To finish off the card front I've added red punched photo corners.


I cut a Whisper White panel for inside the card and I distressed the edges using River Rock ink and a sponge dauber.  I've stamped a snowflake border in Always Artichoke ink and the sentiment in Riding Hood Red ink.  I stamped a large snowflake in Always Artichoke ink on the envelope flap.  Back to more seasonal stuff now as I need to make a few more Easter cards!


Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado Winter Birds clear set, Merry Christmas from SU! Seasonal Wishes set, Stampendous Christmas Wishes clear set
CS: SU! Always Artichoke & Whisper White
Patterned paper: Basic Grey Figgy Pudding papers
Ink: SU! Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red & River Rock, Memento Rich Cocoa
Tools: SU! Photo Corners punch, SU! Mat Pack and piercing tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Vintage brads



Photobucket

2 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Oh, Ruth! This is yet another stunner! LOVE all the patterns--and your bird image is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT this week! :)

Jacqueline said...

Another lovely card from you again this week Ruth - fabulous stamped image and a great use of the decorative papers. Thanks for joining in again this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

01 09 10