Saturday 17 March 2012

A Bag Of Tags - Simply Stampin' Challenge #51

This week at Simply Stampin' the challenge is 'Totally Tags'.  I decided to make a collection of tags and package them up in a bag.  I wanted to make my tags identical in design but to be in different colours.  I chose my colours based on what 1/4" grosgrain ribbons I had in my stash - not counting white or vanilla.  I ended up with Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip, Real Red and Tempting Turquoise.

I used the Two Tags die to cut the tags and the flower is from the Button Buddies set.  I kept each tag monochrome apart from adding a pop of colour with a contrasting button flower centre.  Each button has linen thread through the holes.  I punched the ribbon holes in the tags, threaded a length of ribbon through and tied some linen thread around the ribbon and tied a knot.  I then punched out the flowers and popped them up on the tags.   I've used 'Just for You' from the Ovals All set and the oval punches for my sentiment.  To finish the tags off, I've added punched, shaped Whisper White Boho Blossoms flowers and I placed a jewel in each flower centre.  


I then placed my tags in a bag and made a bag topper.  Here they are, all bagged up.  I used Marina Mist CS for the bag topper, added an Elegant Eggplant punched Eyelet Border and tied Marina Mist ribbon around in a knot.  I computer generated the 'Bag of Tags' using the 2Peas Raspberry font.  I've popped up a Marina Mist flower to finish off the bag topper.


I very rarely make multiples of anything - but there is something very satisfying about seeing a group of items together and I really had fun making this project!  I hope you'll play along with us at Simply Stampin' this week, I'd love to know how you'll interpret the challenge and come and see your terrific tags!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Button Buddies & Ovals All sets
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise & Whisper White
 Ink:
SU! Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip, Real Red & Tempting Turquoise
Tools: SU! Two Tags die, 1 3/4" scalloped circle punch, plain & scalloped oval punches, Boho Blossoms punch, Crop-A-Dile
Embellishments & accessories:
SU! Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip, Real Red & Tempting Turquoise 1/4" grosgrain ribbons, Brights & Subtles Designer Buttons, linen thread, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals, glue dots


Photobucket

6 comments:

kelly said...

I love your 'bag of tags', what a fabulous idea! Plus you now have a ready made gift for a crafter in a hurry! No matter how much I try to plan, somehow a birthday always creeps up on me!
Kelly xx

Kirei said...

I love all the bright colours Ruth, made me feel very cheery on a rainy day! Lovely idea to bag them all up, would make a very nice gift! Kirei x

Margaret said...

I love this idea and the colors are wonderful together! Such a great way to use the challenge for inspiration!

Amanda Burditt said...

Ruth, I just LOVE your tags! they are SO pretty!!! (Also REALLY want Button Buddies!!)xx

Anonymous said...

Very cute tags! I love the colors, and I didn't know you can use scallop circle with the button buddies flower. Thanks for sharing.

Elsie Ross at Home said...

You are a life saver Ruth, my sister asked me to do up some tags for her and while I've done lots of other projects in the meantime her request had fallen to the bottom of the list and now she is nagging!! I just did a search looking for inspiration and your idea came up. I love it, love it, love it! Many thanks from DownUnder

01 09 10