Tuesday 14 February 2012

Sparkly Hearts Valentine's Day Card For Owen

Here is the Valentine's card I made for my hubby Owen using black, white and red which is a fave colour combo of his.  I also used the fabulous SU! You are Loved set and the sparkly red glimmer paper.  I LOVE that paper, I'm going to stock up with it so that I have lots to use for Christmas cards!

I started off by stamping the Hero Arts Starburst Lace stamp in Real Red ink and I covered the centre with a black circle and added a popped up sparkly heart.  I added the beautiful sentiment and more punched sparkly hearts.  I simply matted my panel onto a black layer and adhered it to the front of a 5 1/4" square white card base.


Here's the inside and envelope.  I used 'Hugs & Kisses' from the Hero Arts 'Sending You Love' set for the sentiment, I love that I can cut the sentiments out with a matching frame die! I coloured in the flower with a Real Red marker and a blender pen.  I added gold brads before gluing the red sparkly strip to the card.  A few more punched hearts finished off the inside and the envelope flap.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! You are Loved set, Hero Arts Starburst Lace stamp & Sending You Love clear set
CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Basic Black & Whisper White, SU! red Glimmer Paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Real Red
Tools: Circle Nestabilities die, SU! Full Heart punch, Woodware heart punches, Hero Arts 'Small Tag Frame'  Frame Cuts die, blender pen
Embellishments & accessories: gold brads, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ruth ... I'm sure Owen was very pleased when he opened the envelope. Very nice indeed. Love the glittery hearts.
Debbie x

Margaret said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the big red doily and all of the glittery hearts. The black circle is perfect to balance the red and really makes the large glitter heart stand out!

Hank hendricks said...

Anyone would be pleased to open this
Gift Card envelopes...thanks for sharing.

01 09 10