Thursday 9 February 2012

Poinsettia Season's Greetings Card - 52 CCT Sketch Challenge Card

Here is this week's Christmas card for the 52 {Christmas}Card Throwdown challenge.  We had a really great sketch to work with this week, I like the layout so much that I'll probably make a few more cards with it.  I'm thinking that if I rotate it, the layout will work as a Z Fold card - I'll have to put that theory to the test!


I thought my poinsettia stamp would work really well for the square panel so I started off by stamping that in Early Espresso ink - twice onto Cherry Cobbler CS and twice onto Real Red CS.  I cut the layers out and joined them together with a gold glimmer brad.  I rootled through my Christmas patterned paper and decided I wanted to use my flocked holly paper - it's so gorgeous - and I decided my sparkly red glimmer paper would be a great contrast to that.  I found the Season's Greetings stamp fitted perfectly inside the smaller Hero Arts Small Tag Frame die and I've popped that up over the red glimmer strip.  I finished off by adding red metal nailheads to the corners of the vanilla panel.  Metal, shiny glimmer paper and matte velvet flocked paper - I have to say I really like how the different textures look together on this card!


I simply stamped the poinsettia a few times in Cherry Cobbler ink inside the card and on the envelope and added the sentiment to finish off. 


Supplies:
Stamps: Poinsettia from Creative Expressions, 'Season's Greetings' from SU! Four the Holidays set, inside sentiment from Hero Arts Very Merry Christmas clear set
CS: PaperMania cream square card blank, SU! red Glimmer Paper & Cherry Cobbler, Real Red & Very Vanilla CS
Patterned paper: Making Memories flocked holly paper

Ink: SU! Early Espresso & Cherry Cobbler
Tools: Hero Arts 'Small Tag Frame' Frame Cuts die,  paper piercing tool
Embellishments & accessories: SU! gold glimmer brad, red metal nailheads, 3d foam tape, glue dots



Photobucket

6 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is AMAZING!!! LOVE that layered poinsettia--absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Karen Petitt said...

Quite simply gorgeous. fab use of colour and texture hugs karen x

Jenny said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Ruth, I love all the separate layers to the poinsettia :0) using dark brown ink works so well too, black can be a little too stark sometimes.
Jenny x

Margaret said...

Gorgeous! Love the different finishes and textures! This stamp is perfect for layering color and you do it so beautifully!

kelly said...

OMG you got the top honour for the challenge!!!
Well done Ruth!
kelly xx

Karen Petitt said...

Congratulations Ruth, you got top mention at 52{CCT} hugs karen x

01 09 10