Tuesday 17 January 2012

Yellow Flowers Birthday Cheer & Wishes Card

Here is my CASEd version of this fab card I saw on Pinterest made by Maile Belles.  I loved the raised panel with the die cut flower shapes and wanted to make my own version.  You could use punches as well for this - but because most punches don't reach that far into a panel I think dies are the better option.  I liked how Maile had used debossed CS behind her flowers but I fancied using some pretty paper instead.  I went looking in my patterned paper stash for something to put behind my die cut panel and I came across this yellow and white flowery paper.  I hardly ever use yellow, I just don't gravitate towards it.  However, I thought as the pattern wasn't too busy it would be perfect to sit behind the cut out flowers.  I've added a pop of dramatic black to offset the yellow and white.

I started off with a white 5 1/4" square card blank and I added the black mat layer. I cut a square of white textured CS, stamped the sentiment and die cut the 3 flower shapes.  I glued the patterned paper square to the black mat and then popped up the white textured panel over the top.  I threaded white twine through the buttonholes and attached the buttons to the flower centres with glue dots.  To finish off the card front I added a teeny die cut butterfly with a rhinestone.  


This photo shows the inside of the card and the envelope flap. I really like the design of this card, it's CAS but kicked up a notch.  Earlier today while browsing Pinterest I saw a card pinned by my friend Kelly where a leafy branch die had been used instead of flowers - lovely - and another idea to try!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Cheer & Wishes set, inside sentiment from Penny Black
CS: PaperMania white square card blank & canvas textured CS, SU! Basic Black
Patterned paper: SU! Beyond the Garden DSP pack
Ink: SU! Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: PaperTrey Ink Beautiful Blooms II #1 die collection, SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, XCut small circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: black buttons, white twine, SU! Basic Rhinestones, glue dots, 3d foam tape



Photobucket

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Beautiful! The color combo is perfect and I love the white and yellow DP!

01 09 10