Friday 27 January 2012

Two Vanilla Spice Cake Birthday Cards

Mmmmm, Vanilla Spice Cake sounds rather nice!  These are two cards I made from a project pack my SU! demo Joanne put together for us for our last Stamper's Ten meeting.  I was chuffed to be using some new goodies from the Mini catty!  Oh my goodness, the Spice Cake papers are so gorgeous and I couldn't wait to try out the new Blossom Party die seeing as I'm such a flower lover! 

Both cards are side opening A6 size made with Very Vanilla CS.  For the first card I die cut the flower shapes, sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink, used the Paper-Piercing Tool to add some shaping and layered the bloom together with a Glimmer Brad.  Before attaching the blossom to the card I added Little Leaves die cuts that I'd also sponged.  The scallop border and Little Leaves are made with River Rock CS - the first time I've used this colour as it's not been a fave up to now.  It's taken 5 years for me to warm up to More Mustard so maybe I'll get to like River Rock at some point LOL!  I have to say it does go rather well with Very Vanilla and the Spice Cake papers.


I finished the insides and envelopes of both cards at home and as I was sitting down ready to do just that the doorbell rang.  It was the postie delivering some new Hero Arts stamps - so I just had to use those for my sentiments inside!  I added a strip of the yummy Spice Cake paper and another scalloped border.  For the envelope I stamped the leaves and then added a flower cut out from a piece of Spice Cake paper.


This second card really showcases the gorgeous Spice Cake papers - it really is hard to choose between all the patterns, each design is so lovely!  The More Mustard panel was embossed with the Polka Dots folder and cut at an angle so the circles could overlap the edge at a sloped angle.  Each circle was sponged with Soft Suede ink before being glued to the card.

Here's the inside and the envelope.  For my previous card I used a non SU! envelope with a diamond flap.  For this card I used an SU! envelope and they don't have diamond flaps so I usually decorate the front of the envelopes.  This time I glued a strip of patterned paper along the edge of the flap - and I rather like it! 


Supplies for blossom & leafy card:
Stamps: SU! Happiest Birthday Wishes set, Hero Arts Luscious Frames clear set, SU! Best Blossoms set

CS: SU! Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz, More Mustard, Pool Party & River Rock
Patterned paper: SU! Spice Cake DSP pack
Ink: SU! Soft Suede & Pear Pizzazz
Tools: SU! Blossom Party die, SU! Little Leaves die, SU! Scallop Border punch, SU! Paper-Piercing Tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Glimmer Brad, glue dots



Supplies for patterned circles card:
Stamps: SU!
Happiest Birthday Wishes set, Hero Arts Luscious Frames clear set
CS: SU! Very Vanilla, More Mustard & Pool Party
Patterned paper: SU! Spice Cake DSP pack
Ink: SU! More Mustard & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! Circle punches in various sizes, SU! Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Stamp-a-ma-jig



Photobucket

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. These spice cake cards are gorgeous. I was not sure about the new flower die, but I agree, it is a 'must have'. Lynn x

Margaret said...

Love both of these! Spice Cake is one of my all time favorite DSPs!

kelly said...

OOOhhh don't you just love those Spice cake papers!!! I really like the cascading punched circles! Fab idea!
Kelly xx

01 09 10