Monday 23 January 2012

Medallion To You From Me Card - CAS-ual Fridays CFC #36 Challenge

Here is my second card made for the CAS-ual Fridays Penguin Suit challenge which was to make a black and white card with no other colour allowed.  I so enjoyed making the first card I just had to make another! 


I used a 5 1/4" square white card base again.  I stamped the SU! Medallion stamp, trimmed the white panel and mounted it to a black mat.  I die cut the Memory Box Woven Circle shape and mounted that to a larger white circle.  I stamped the sentiment, die cut it out and I popped it up over the Woven Circle.  I added clear rhinestones for a touch of sparkle to finish off the front.


I don't normally add mat layers inside white card bases but when I opened the card I found some black marks - goodness only knows how they got there!  Anyway, I added a black mat with a white panel stamped with a part of the Medallion image in the bottom corner.  I stamped part of the image again in the corner on the front of the envelope to finish off.  I think the SU! Medallion stamp is gorgeous - so elegant!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Medallion stamp, sentiment from SU! Best Yet set
CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Memory Box Woven Circle die, circle Nestabilities dies
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Basic Rhinestones, 3d foam tape



Photobucket

5 comments:

Ivanka said...

Simply gorgeous! I love the medallion stamp with the woven circle die in the middle. Love how you finished the inside and made a coordinating envelope. Beautiful.

Evelyn said...

Ruth, this card is so wonderful!
I love the way you combined the different stamps!

Kind regards,
Evelyn

Margaret said...

Another beautiful elegant card!

Laurie said...

Totally gorgeous! WOW! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Dana said...

Amazing stamping here. WOW. So happy you played along with CAS-ual Friday this week!

01 09 10