Friday 6 January 2012

Hot Chocolate Mix Jar




Photobucket


We took the Christmas decorations down today and that always makes me feel a bit miserable.  I think it's much worse packing the stuff away for another year than when you get it out in early December to put up for Christmas.  I bought 4 lovely Christmas drinking glasses this year - well, we've only got 2 for next year as I smashed 2 while packing them away.  Owen couldn't get into the cupboard under the stairs because the door knob came away in his hand!  Yep, we both had that post Christmas feeling - some warm mince pies with some spiced plum and rum cream rallied our spirits a tad though!

Recently we spent a fun evening with some good friends and we took a couple of gifts along .  I took a box of choccies that I knew Gill would love and I also made up a jar of Jamie Oliver's Epic Hot Chocolate mix for everyone in the family to share.  The hot chocolate is SO delicious, and packaged in a nice glass jar I think it makes a great little gift.

I tipped the mix into the jar and added a bag of mini marshmallows.  I tied some ribbon around the neck of the jar and tied on a Crumb Cake tag made using a die cut shape from the SU! Two Tags die.  I computer generated the 'epic hot chocolate mix' wording using the Will&Grace font, stamped the dotty frame around the wording and punched out with the Decorative Label punch.


I generated more wording on the PC, this time using the Hank BT font to go on the inside of the tag.  After gluing the white piece to the Crumb Cake tag I stamped the mug and marshmallows using stamps from an Elzybells set.  Those stamps are just perfect for this tag!  I tied the tag to the jar with some baker's twine.


Jamie's hot chocolate mix is seriously scrummy, we've almost finished our jar.  I have all the supplies ready to make another jar though - and this time I'll be making a minty version - yum!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Four Frames set, Elzybells Tea for Two clear set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip & early Espresso
Tools: SU! Two Tags Bigz die, SU! Decorative Label punch
Embellishments & accessories: brown & white striped grosgrain ribbon, baker's twine



Photobucket

2 comments:

Migdalia said...

GREAT IDEA! GREAT JOB!
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

Such a great gift idea! Love how the tag opens to reveal the directions.

01 09 10