Saturday 14 January 2012

Die Cut Gift Packages - Simply Stampin' Challenge #42

This week's Simply Stampin' challenge is To Die For - to create something using die cut shapes.  I opted to make 3 little gift packages using 3 different SU! dies  I had great fun putting these together using a mixture of old and new supplies.


 First up is a gift pouch made with the Top Note die.  I cut 2 shapes from Crumb Cake CS and stamped the leafy background in Crumb Cake ink.  I stamped the cherry image in Wild Wasabi ink and then just inked the fruits with a Cherry Cobbler marker, stamped after stamping off once first and punched them out with a 3/4" circle punch.  I added Crystal Effects to the fruits so they're raised and shiny.  I added glue to the stalks but popped up the leaf and cherries.  After adding the sentiment I punched holes for the ribbon and added Early Espresso hole reinforcers.


 I scored a line on each of my Top Note shapes and glued them together to form the pouch.  Then I added a Decorative Label on the inside so I could write a message.  I inked the S.W.A.K. stamp with Cherry Cobbler ink and stamped off twice on scrap paper before stamping on the label.  I wrote my message, wrapped my little gift in tissue paper and attached it to the bottom of the pouch with a few glue dots.  I then tied the pouch closed with Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon.  The little gift that went inside was a tube of Carmex cherry  lip balm - hence the use of the cherries and lips stamps, very apt I thought!


Next I used the Mini Milk Carton die to make a gift box.  The mini milk carton boxes are so sweet when they're assembled!  I die cut the box from Early Espresso CS, assembled it and added Calypso Coral patterned paper and a punched Early Espresso Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border.  I then inked up my new Triple Treat Flower stamp - I LOVE it!  I stamped on Very Vanilla CS, inking once in Espresso ink, again in Calypso Coral ink, I punched out the two shapes and added an Antique brad to the Calypso Coral centre.  I attached the Coral flower to the Espresso one with Dimensionals and then popped the flower up on the box.  I wrapped a necklace in tissue paper, popped it in the box and then used a mini bulldog clip to keep the carton closed.  I'm not sure why, but I  find miniature versions of objects really appealing - the carton and mini clip are just so adorable!


The last gift package is made with the Pillow Box die.  I die cut the box from Lucky Limeade CS and stamped the Funky Forest wheel in Limeade ink across the die cut before assembling the box.  I made a tag using plain and scalloped circle punches and a stamped tree from the Trendy Trees set.  I punched a hole in the top of the scalloped circle, threaded the tag onto the white grosgrain ribbon and tied it around the box in a bow.   I haven't got a gift in mind yet for this particular package - it's very nice to know I have a little gift box waiting in my stash when I need one!


So I hope you'll play along with us at Simply Stampin' this week and get cranking those shapes out to make something fabulous!  I'm die-ing to see what you come up with LOL!


Supplies for cherry lip balm pouch:
Stamps: SU! Button Buddies, Growing Green & Just Believe sets, S.W.A.K. a la carte stamp
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! Top Note die, SU! Word Window, Modern Label , 3/4" & 1/2" circle  punches, Crop-A-Dile
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, SU! Crystal Effects, Dimensionals & glue dots


Supplies for mini milk carton:
Stamps: SU! Triple Treat Flower a la carte stamp
CS: SU! Early Espresso & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: Calypso Coral patterned paper from SU! In Color DSP stack
Ink: SU! Calypso Coral & Early Espresso
Tools:  SU! Mini Milk Carton Bigz L die, SU! Fancy Flower & 5 Petal Flower punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Antique brad, mini bulldog clip from SU! Clips Assortment, SU! Dimensionals



Supplies for pillow box:
Stamps: SU! Trendy Trees set,  SU! Funky Forest wheel
CS: SU! Lucky Limeade, Rose Red & Whisper White
 Ink: SU! Lucky Limeade & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! Pillow Box Bigz die, SU! 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches, SU! 1 3/4" Scallop Circle punch, Crop-A-Dile, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Whisper White 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, SU! Dimensionals



Photobucket

3 comments:

Margaret said...

These ARE to 'die' for!! Your little packages are wonderful and such a sweet way to give a gift! Love the colors on the mini milk carton!!

Theresa said...

Your little gift packages are so cute. A little giftie is so much better when it comes in a pretty package.

Aileen said...

These are all great. Fun gift boxes. x

01 09 10