Monday 28 November 2011

Two Punched Holly Christmas Cards

I thought it was time to switch from a wintery blog template to a Christmassy one seeing as it will be here in a few short weeks!  These are two cards I made using my Martha Stewart Holly Branch punch.  I wanted to make them both gap cards but I couldn't make that work with this first card due to how I'd positioned the punched shapes, the gap just didn't look right at all - so the holly is hanging off the edge.  Actually, I really liked how this card turned out and I prefer it to the gap card!  The side opening A6 card was made with Cherry Cobbler CS and I cut 2 3/8" off the side.   I stamped a music background, heat embossed the sentiment with white powder and added white ribbon.  I punched 6 holly shapes and glued them front and back to add some strength and then I added some red pearls as berries.


Inside I stamped a sentiment onto a panel of My Mind's Eye paper and added a couple of Cherry Cobbler CS strips.  I stamped a sprig of mistletoe on the envelope flap to finish off.


So this next card is the gap card.  Again I used Cherry Cobbler CS to make an A6 side opening card and added a white embossed sentiment.  I used snowflakes as a background on this card and the ribbon is Chocolate Chip taffeta.  I cut the card apart and then re-joined two pieces of CS with the punched holly bridging the gap.  Again I glued the shapes front and back for strength.  As I used a large sentiment on the front of the card I didn't stamp a greeting inside.  The aqua patterned paper you can see through the gap has been glued to the inside back panel of the card and I've glued the red pearl berries onto the aqua paper. I stamped the envelope flap with the lovely mistletoe sprig again.


Supplies for card 1:
Stamps: Hero Arts Music Background, Hero Arts Very Merry Christmas clear set, mistletoe from SU! Peaceful Wishes set
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Core'dinations Amazon
Patterned paper: paper from My Mind's Eye 'I Believe' collection
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler & Pear Pizzazz, VersaMark
Tools: Martha Stewart Holly Branch punch
Embellishments & accessories: white embossing powder, white grosgrain ribbon, red pearls


Supplies for card 2 (gap card):
Stamps: snowflakes from Butterfly Kisses Snowy Christmas clear set, sentiment from Stampendous, mistletoe from SU! Peaceful Wishes set
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler,  Core'dinations Amazon
Patterned paper: paper from My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas collection
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler & Pear Pizzazz, VersaMark
Tools: Martha Stewart Holly Branch punch
Embellishments & accessories: white embossing powder, SU! Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, red pearls



Photobucket

3 comments:

Sue said...

Love them both Ruth they are stunning Luv Sue x

Sue said...

PS sorry forgot your new look blog is great Luv Sue x

Margaret said...

Both cards are so pretty! I love the red pearls as the berries!

01 09 10