Sunday 2 October 2011

Swirly Pearly Ornament Trio Season's Greetings Card

This is the card I've made for the Simply Stampin' Swirls & Pearls challenge.  What a fab challenge, great fun, I just might have to make another swirly pearly card!  I decided to make another Christmas card to add to the stash 'cos I'm determined to have enough Christmas cards ready by early December this year so I can post them in good time.  I can't face the last minute scramble and the horrendous Post Office queues this year!

I am really liking blue and green together at the moment and I think it's a great combo for Christmas cards, a nice change from the traditional red and green.  The card measures 5 3/4" square and was made with Marina Mist CS.  I stamped the lovely swirly flourish from Baroque Motifs in Wild Wasabi ink, added some Marina Mist ribbon and matted the white panel on a Wild Wasabi layer.  I've never really liked using 'Season's Greetings' as a Christmas sentiment but I just love the font used for the stamps in the Curly Cute set and that's made me overcome my reluctance!  Also, I think it's perfect for this challenge as the font is definitely swirly! I stamped and punched 3 ornaments - making sure I used that gorgeous swirly 'joy' one - using Baja Breeze, Marina Mist and Pacific Point inks.  I've applied tiny pearls as strings for the ornaments to hang from, I've added pearls as decoration to each ornament and they're all popped up. 


I added a white panel inside with another baroque swirly flourish, a dotty ornament and I added a stamped and punched circle 'Merry Christmas' sentiment.  For the envelope flap, I stamped the snowflake ornament in Pacific Point ink, punched out a 1 1/4" circle, matted it onto a Wild Wasabi 1 3/8" circle and matted that on a Marina Mist 1 3/4" circle.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Baroque Motifs, Delightful Decorations & Curly Cute sets
CS: SU! Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Wild Wasabi, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist & Pacific Point
Tools: SU! Ornament & circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon, basic pearls, dimensionals

Photobucket

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Ruth, this is fabulous! This reminds me of a Christmas decorating photo where they hung vintage ornaments from the chandelier. So pretty!! I have a hard time with 'season's greetings' for Christmas cards too, but those swirls are perfect for this card! Good luck with the DT call (as wonderful as your cards are, I don't think you'll need luck!)

Jacqueline said...

Another gorgeous card Ruth, I wish I was as organised as you in getting my Christmas cards done! - Jacqueline xx

Niki Rowland said...

Great card, I absolutely love the colour scheme! Thanks for joining us this week at the Simply Stampin' Challenge, Niki x

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Ruth, love those colours they look so crisp & fresh together. Thanks for joining us at Simply stampin' Challenge this week. xx

01 09 10