Tuesday 4 October 2011

Sparkly Cupcake Happy Birthday Card For Wendy

This is the card I sent to Wendy for her birthday last week.  I had great fun with the Broadsheet Alphabet and Big Bold Birthday sets!  The idea for the sparkly cupcake came from Joanne, she made a lovely card with a trio of sparkly cupcakes which you can see here on this blog post

The card is DL sized made with Pink Pirouette CS and the scalloped edge and strip are Melon Mambo.  I used a different colour ink for each letter of the name.  I stamped the cupcake base in Early Espresso, cut it out and then ran it through my crimper.  I stamped the cupcake top, cut it out and used Heat & Stick powder to add Dazzling Diamonds.  I then added a candle, three teeny tiny flowers and a cherry.  For the cherry, I cut a small Cherry Cobbler circle and topped that with Glossy Accents to make it shiny and I popped a thin strip of Old Olive CS behind for the stem.   I cut the sentiment out with a Spellbinder's Labels Trio die.  To finish off the front, I added some felt flowers, gems and I rounded the bottom corners.


For the inside, I added a pile of gifts and a sentiment.


The envelope got a trio of paper pieced balloons.  I added a highlight to each balloon with a white gel pen.


I sent a yummy choccy bar along with the card.  I used some patterned paper to wrap it, added ribbon and a stamped and punched tag.  To make the tag I stamped the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp in Melon Mambo ink on Melon Mambo CS and punched out a Fancy Flower shape.  I stamped and cut out the W, added some pink gems and mounted it onto Olive and Espresso circles.  I had a lot of fun putting this together, I hope Wendy enjoyed receiving it!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Broadsheet Alphabet, Big Bold Birthday, Curly Cute & Crazy for Cupcakes sets, SU! Dot, Dot, Dot stamp, inside sentiment from Hero Arts
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler & Whisper White
Patterned paper: various papers from SU! Sweet Pea DSP pack
Ink: SU! Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Rose Red & Early Espresso, white gel pen
Tools: Sizzix Lace Edging Decorative Strip die, SU! Fancy Flower punch, various size circle punches, Spellbinder's Labels Trio die, crimper, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: Ranger Glossy Accents, Heat & Stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds, SU! Felt Fusion felt flowers, crystals, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

Margaret said...

This is such a wonderful card! From the bright and sparkly front to the balloons on the envelope! Love that cupcake!!

01 09 10