Thursday 13 October 2011

October 2011 Card Group Cards

We had our October card group get together today and we made three cards.  I kept this first card wintery so that it could be used for Christmas or as a general purpose card.   The card base is a side opening A6 size made with SU! Bashful Blue CS.  Before embossing the Scrollwork Frame I used a brayer to apply Bashful Blue ink inside the folder.  After embossing I cut the inside part of the frame out.  I stamped the Hero Arts Winter Scene in Chocolate Chip ink onto white CS, sprinkled on some ultrafine crystal glitter, trimmed the panel and glued it to the card front.  I then added a knot of Chocolate Chip ribbon to the frame and attached the frame to the card front with 3d foam tape so it's popped up.  I didn't add a sentiment to the front but I took a variety of sentiment stamps that could be used inside the card.  I let the ladies choose which occasion they wanted to use the card for.


The second card is CAS with a traditional red and green colour combo.  The Fabulous Flourish was stamped on the card front with Always Artichoke ink.  I stamped the poinsettia on a piece of Ranger manila CS using Fired Brick ink and then spritzed it with water.  This leads to wicking and the image gets coloured in all by itself as if by magic!  After drying it with a heat gun I trimmed the flower, popped it up over the flourish and added a gold nailhead to the centre.  I then added the Merry Christmas sentiment with Riding Hood Red ink and rounded the right hand side corners.  I absolutely LOVE the font used on that sentiment, it's so gorgeously retro!


Lastly, there was this sparkly black and white tree trio card.  I stamped the trees on white CS, added some double sided adhesive sheet, peeled off the backing paper and covered the whole panel with crystal ultrafine glitter.  I pressed the glitter down by patting a piece of kitchen paper firmly over the panel.  I then trimmed the panel to size and matted it onto a scalloped black rectangle with silver mini brads.  I embossed the black strip with an embossing folder - I know it's not easily seen in the photo!  I embossed twice, once from each side 'cos the folder wasn't long enough for the whole strip.  I stamped the sentiment and popped up the scalloped panel to finish the front.


I love the corner element stamp that is included in the Patterned Pines set and I couldn't resist adding two corners to the sentiment inside the card.


Supplies for blue winter scene card:
Stamps: SU! Hero Arts 'Winter Scene'
CS: SU! Bashful Blue & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Bashful Blue & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Crafts Too Scrollwork Frame embossing folder, brayer
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, crystal ultrafine glitter, 3d foam tape


Supplies for poinsettia Merry Christmas card:
Stamps: Hero Arts Fabulous Flourish, poinsettia from ???, sentiment from SU! Four the Holidays set
CS: PaperMania cream square card blank, Ranger manila CS
Ink: SU! Always Artichoke & Riding Hood Red, Tim Holtz Fired Brick Distress Ink
Tools: Ranger Mini Mister, heat gun & Crafts Too heat resistant mat, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: gold nailhead, 3d foam pads


Supplies for black & white tree trio card:
Stamps: SU! Patterned Pines set, sentiment from SU! Best Yet set, inside sentiment from Stampendous Christmas Wishes clear set
CS: PaperMania white A6 card blank, SU! Whisper White & Basic Black, Woodware double sided adhesive sheet
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Plain & scalloped rectangle Nestabilities dies, Sizzix 'Starry Night' embossing folder, SU! Mat Pack, paper piercer, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: crystal ultrafine glitter, silver mini brads, 3d foam tape

Photobucket

3 comments:

Sue said...

Beautifull cards Ruth my favorites are the trees Luv Sue x

Margaret said...

These are amazing! I LOVE the framed card! Such wonderful details on all of them!!

kelly said...

wow Ruth a trio of beautiful cards! I love your framed effect! and that embossing is FABulous. Great poinsettia for layering too!
Kelly xx

01 09 10