Monday 24 October 2011

Merry Christmas Ornaments Gap Card

Another Christmas card made for my stash, I am determined to have enough cards made in time this year!  This is a 5 3/4" square gap card made with the SU! Contempo Christmas set.  My colour combo is Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red - hmmm, I like this combo muchly!  I started with a Pear Pizzazz card base and added a snowflake embossed Baja Breeze panel at the top.  I inked inside the folder with Baja Breeze ink before embossing the CS.  I cut the card apart, stamped and punched three ornaments, punched another three ornaments and then joined the card back together by sandwiching the ornaments with 3d foam pads.  The gap measures 1 1/4".  I sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the front of the ornaments.  I added the sentiment, a decorative punched border and a couple of red strips to finish off the front.


Then it was time to work on the inside of the card.  I added a white panel with two coloured strips, stamped the sentiment and the three snowflakes.  I absolutely love that snowflake from the Patterned Pines set and stamped in those three colours - even lovelier!   It was so worth the effort of cleaning the stamp in between inkings to get the three colours!  A stamped and punched snowflake circle element on the envelope flap and the card was completed.  


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Contempo Christmas & Patterned Pines sets, Stampendous Christmas Wishes clear set
CS: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze & Riding Hood Red
Tools: SU! Ornament Punch, Martha Stewart Optic Dot border punch, snowflake embossing folder from Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland set, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dazzling Diamonds, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

This is such a lovely card Ruth, I love your colour combination and the brilliant way you always decorate the insides of your cards. - Jacqueline xx

Sue said...

Brilliant idea Ruth and i love the colours Luv Sue x

Margaret said...

Awesome! I love how the ornaments look like they just fell of the tree and are rolling across the floor!

01 09 10