Thursday 27 October 2011

Embossed Fern For You Card

I love leaf and foliage stamp images and ferns are a favourite.  When I saw this gorgeous Hero Arts Artistic Fern stamp I loved it immediately.  To find it was in a set with a matching Sizzix embossing folder that embosses around the stamped image was doubly appealing!  A gorgeous leafy image AND a matching embossing folder - what's not to love?!

Cajun Craze looks fab with Old Olive and I've added a dash of Early Espresso with some Whisper White for a winning colour combo.  I inked the entire fern stamp with Old Olive ink and then added Cajun Craze ink here and there to the image using a sponge dauber.  I was so happy how the stamped image turned out, I had an 'ooooh' moment.  After embossing the image with the matching folder there was another 'ooooh moment'!  The embossing around the image adds such a lovely touch.  To finish off the card front I popped on a Cajun Craze butterfly and an oval sentiment.  Some vintage brads were added to the butterfly body and the wings are popped up. 

I really like that flowery frame stamp from the Ovals All set but I don't use it that much 'cos of the 'Fabulous Friend' wording on it.  I'm a stamp surgeon these days though, quite happy to lop off parts of stamps I don't want LOL!  My friend Jan has given me a couple of stamps to operate on too!  So now I can use the lovely flowery stamp with any sentiment - or leave it as it is.  Here I've added the 'for you' from the Fresh Cuts set.  I coloured in the flower with the Cajun Craze marker and added another vintage brad to the centre.  The scalloped oval is popped up over the ribbon.


I glued a white panel inside, added the sentiments and the fern image.  I was so taken with the leafy loveliness that the fern had to go on the front of the envelope also!  I really like how autumnal this card is, a great birthday card for this time of year!



Supplies:
Stamps: Sizzix/Hero Arts Artistic Fern stamp & emboss set, SU! Ovals All & Fresh Cuts sets, inside sentiments from Hero Arts Sending Smiles Messages clear set
CS: SU! Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Early Espresso & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Cajun Craze & Old Olive
Tools: embossing folder from Sizzix/Hero Arts Artistic Fern stamp & emboss set, SU! Beautiful Wings Emboslits die, SU! plain and scalloped oval punches, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon, SU! Vintage brads, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Very pretty! Love those colors together!

01 09 10