Friday 21 October 2011

Butterfly Birthday Card For Gill

It's our great friend Gill's birthday today and this is the card I made for her.  Gill doesn't do sombre, dark colours.  A few weeks ago she and some other friends were looking at the Christmas cards I'd made this year.  She was horrified by my black and white Christmas cards!  Mind you, she did find a sparkly blue card she really liked and claimed that one for herself so I'll let her off not liking the black and white ones!  Whenever I make a card for Gill I always make sure it's a bright little number.

I just got lots of SU! patterned papers 'cos I took part in a paper share my demo Joanne offered.  I thought I'd start off with a butterfly die cut from a very pretty paper from the Flirtatious pack.  I added a smaller embossed butterfly on top and joined the two together with a sparkly pink brad.  I've added half dimensionals with the backing paper still on under the wings so they stay popped up.  Before embossing the smaller butterfly I inked inside the folder with Pretty in Pink ink.  I did the same with the Rose Red embossed panel - using Rose Red ink.  I punched a Pretty in Pink border with the Lace Ribbon Border punch and positioned the Rose Red panel over the top so only part of the lace border showed.  The sentiment is actually on one line so I masked and stamped twice to get the 'Happy Birthday' on two lines.  To finish off the card front I added some clear rhinestones.


I stamped a sentiment inside, added a trio of embossed Pretty in Pink butterflies and popped on some clear rhinestones.  A strip of the pretty paper, Rose Red CS strips plus a blinged butterfly added the finishing touches to the envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Birthday from Hobby Art, inside sentiment from Stampendous
CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Rose Red & Pretty in Pink
Patterned paper: SU! Flirtatious pack
Ink: SU! Rose Red & Pretty in Pink
Tools: SU! Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, Craft Concepts Butterfly Kisses embossing folder, Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: clear rhinestones, PaperMania pink glitter brad, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

1 comment:

Margaret said...

This is definitely a bright and happy card! Love the embossed background strip and the pretty butterflies inside the card were a nice touch!

01 09 10