Tuesday 23 August 2011

Stars Birthday Gap Card For Kevin

This is the birthday card I've made for our friend Kevin.  I've swapped some craft goodies with Lesley for a few weeks and I have this stars border punch on loan from her.  I thought it would be ideal to use it to make a gap card.

I started off with a Marina Mist side opening landscape A6 card.  I punched the stars border and then cut the card apart.  I stamped the fab sentiment with VersaMark ink and embossed with white powder.  I then die cut the stars using white CS and silver mirror card and embossed the silver star die cuts with the Square Lattice folder.  I used Marina Mist brads to attach the stars together.  I've added 2 punched silver stars to the card front.  I joined the card together by gluing two stars between the gap.  I punched another Marina Mist stars border and glued it behind and I also die cut two more stars and glued those behind to add strength to the gap.  I covered the whole inside back panel of the card with Bashful Blue CS so that's visible through the gap and stars border when the card is closed.


I found this lovely Stampendous "Wishing you many happy moments of discovering new things in life.  Have a wonderful Birthday" sentiment stamp recently.  I love using nice sentiments inside cards so I couldn't resist buying this stamp!  I love it, it's meaningful but not slushy - I'm not keen on slushy sentiments!  As it was a new addition to my stash I couldn't wait to ink it up and use it.  After stamping it I realised putting it inside a gap card probably wasn't the wisest move - I wasn't left with a lot of room to write a message, I didn't want any writing to show through the gap from the front!  Mind you,  that sentiment says enough so it wasn't a major problem.  I punched 3 silver mirror stars for the envelope flap.


I decorated the front of the envelope with strips of Marina Mist, Bashful Blue and silver mirror card and used the stars border punch on the Marina Mist piece.  This was a fun card to make - blimey, a masculine card that I actually enjoyed making!


Supplies:
Stamps: 'Happy Birthday' from SU! Swirls & Curls Verses set, inside sentiment from Stampendous
CS: SU! Marina Mist, Bashful Blue & Whisper White, silver mirror card
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Marina Mist
Tools: Sizzix Stars #2 die, star punches, Martha Stewart Classic Stars border punch, SU! Square Lattice embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: white embossing powder, SU! Marina Mist brads


Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

great mens card Ruth, I have stars but I always forget about them when I comes to making masculine cards!
Kelly xx

01 09 10