Tuesday 30 August 2011

Cheery Happy Mail For Wendy

A little birdie has told me that my friend Wendy took a nasty tumble last week and is quite bruised and battered.  I thought I'd send her some cheery happy mail to wish her well.  I made a tent topper card, a butterfly post it note holder and a tealight holder.

Like me, Wendy is a pink lover so I definitely had to use pink!  I chose Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi and Early Espresso, along with Whisper White.  The SU! Printed Petals and Sweetheart sets go together so well and they scream fun and happy to me so they're perfect sets for a cheery card!  I used my new Sizzix Rounded Tags dies to make the tent topper element.  I added a punched grass border at the bottom and a butterfly on one of the leaves.  The flower and sentiment are popped up. I love how that dotty frame matches the leaves!  The white patterned strip was made with the Petite Petals wheel stamp.  I added teeny flowers to the sentiment and finished the front with clear rhinestones.


I stamped and punched an element to go on the envelope flap.


I then made a tealight holder using circle dies. The tealight is attached with glue dots to the top layer I stamped with the large Printed Petals flower.   Rather than having to remove it, it can be used safely on the circular holder.  I've used quite a few CS layers plus there is a thin chipboard circle as the base layer so any surface you place the tealight holder on will be well protected.  I've tested it myself so I know it's completely safe!  I stamped the flower on white tissue paper, punched it out with a 1" circle punch, punched a hole in the centre for the wick to go through and then melted the tissue into the tealight by heating it with my heat gun.  You can't tell from the photo but I added a Petite Petals stamped patterned strip around the metal tealight cup.  I placed it in a cellophane bag, tied it closed with ribbon and added a tag made with the Sizzix Rounded Tags dies. 


Then there's this sweet pink butterfly post it note holder - and the post it notes inside are pink as well!  I used the Petite Petals wheel stamp on the largest and smallest butterfly shapes.  I tied a strip of Espresso ribbon around the medium and small butterflies and tied it together with linen thread to make antennae.  I then added a button and some bling to the butterfly.  A small book ring holds two large butterflies together and the post it note pad is glued to the back butterfly.  I love these butterfly post it notes - the fab idea came from the Inking Idaho blog on this post.


I hope this cheery ensemble puts a smile on Wendy's face - I certainly enjoyed making it for her!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Printed Petals, Sweetheart, Four Frames & Itty Bitty Bitssets, SU! Petite Petals jumbo wheel stamp, 'just for you' from Ovals All set
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi & Early Espresso
Tools: Sizzix Rounded Tags nesting dies, circle Nestabilities dies, SU! Decorative Label punch, SU! Scalloped Circle punch, SU! Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, plain circle punches, SU! Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslit die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Melon Mambo dotty grosgrain ribbon, SU! Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, button, clear rhinestones, linen thread, tealight, post it notes, small book ring



Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

What a lovely gift! I'm sure this happy mail made your friend forget all about her fall!
Kelly xx

01 09 10