Sunday 17 July 2011

A Trio Of Watercolor Trio Birthday Wishes Cards

The SU! Watercolor Trio set is one I got from eBay in the USA recently, it's such a pretty set and the sentiments have a lovely font!  I got the stamps out the other day and made three birthday cards.  As they're not too dimensional they'll be easy to post so these will all be BRAK cards.  The flowers for each card were inked with markers and spritzed with water before stamping, I love the watercolour look this adds to the images!

The first card uses Wild Wasabi, Regal Rose, Early Espresso and Whisper White CS.  I've used a Summer Sun marker to add a touch of yellow to the flowers. I used the Early Espresso marker to draw a body and antennae for the butterfly and I've added Dazzling Diamonds just to the butterfly.  I tried my new MFT Dainty Doily Border die for the first time - gorgeous, I LOVE it!  I find border dies so much less frustrating than border punches, lining up the punches gives me fits and I waste so much CS when I don't line up properly!  I have tried so many times with the EK Success border punch I recently purchased and I've now admitted defeat and treated myself to this doily border die.  Yes, I have to spend a while poking bits out of the die with a pin but I'd rather that than muck up my edges each time!  I do love my SU! Eyelet Border punch though as that gives me no problems at all.  I've probably tempted fate saying that now LOL!


Here's the inside and envelope.


The second card has a colour combo of Rose Red, Wild Wasabi, Pink Pirouette and Whisper White.  The flowers were inked with Regal Rose, Rose Red and Wild Wasabi markers.  I textured the Pink Pirouette panel with an Ellison weave texture plate and then brayered Pink Pirouette ink over the top.  I punched holes in the Wild Wasabi oval and threaded the white organza ribbon through and tied it in a knot.  I sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds on the flowers.  I put embossed Rose Red butterflies on the photo corners and added a pink gem to each butterfly.  This image is definitely my favourite from the set, it's so pretty and delicate!

Here's the inside and envelope.


For card three I used Old Olive, Rose Red, Early Espresso and I stamped on watercolour paper.  The flowers were stamped with Old Olive, Regal Rose, Rose Red and Summer Sun markers.  There's only one larger flower on the stem image but I inked just the flower with markers and added a second one to the other side of the stem.  Rectangle and Wonky Rectangle Nestabilities  dies were used for the image and mat layers.  This time I used the birthday wishes sentiment from the So Happy For You set 'cos the postie had just delivered it LOL!  I die cut the doily border again with Rose Red CS for this card.


I put a white paper insert inside the card and added a sentiment with an Old Olive doily border.  After stamping the flower stem image I punched it out with the Decorative Label punch and added an Early Espresso border and I popped that on the front of the envelope.


Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

spritzing with water before stampin gives it a great effect Ruth, gorgeous!
Kelly xx

01 09 10